Starting all over again 1/1/2014

Replies

• Hi. I am new to this site. I need all the support I can get. I am going to be 44 next month and have always had a weight issue. The last time I was on the scale which was right before Thanksgiving or maybe right after I don't know. I was 169. My goal is 115. I am a pretty active person. I have ran 2 hlf marathons and ran my first full marathon this past October. I am beginning training for another one in May. I have a very strong sweet and carb tooth. Those are my weaknesses especially when I am stressed. I want this to be the year I meet my goal.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Not to be mean (but it will sound that way), if you are serious about making a change you won't wait until some arbitrary date on a calendar. You'll start today.

Going crazy eating over the next few days because you are going to start dieting on Wednesday is like maxing out your credit cards days before you start paying off your debt.

Good luck.

So totally this! Don't wait, often tomorrow never comes. You're determined you start now!
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Oh my 2013 was the biggest fail ever. I'm not going to give myself a whole year to lose 22 pounds this time though...maybe a shorter time frame will push me more. I'm hoping to get to my goal weight my the end of March :) Good luck to everyone! x
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Not to be mean (but it will sound that way), if you are serious about making a change you won't wait until some arbitrary date on a calendar. You'll start today.

Going crazy eating over the next few days because you are going to start dieting on Wednesday is like maxing out your credit cards days before you start paying off your debt.

Good luck.

QFT!!! No time like the present!! Best of Luck
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Hey chica, Id be happy to TRY and inspire you! I post up all my meals and update statuses often. Right now I have my calender all scheduled on to begin P90x3 next Monday! I agree with a comment above, if you are SERIOUS, you MUST plan, you MUST schedule and ALWAYS FIT IT IN!!! Every Sunday, you must food prep. If you want to succeed...just DO what you KNOW you need to do! If you are a little confused on what to do, again, Id love to help. Ive dropped 100 pounds so far on my own and have had my FAIR share of "starting over" and lasting only 3 weeks.....I also feel like a have learned great deal on everything weight loss and getting healthy!
    Hey, my name is Shannon, Please ADD ME! Anyone else is free to add too. Good luck you guys and lets make 2014 the fittest year EVER!!!

- "Live your life with Love and Purpose"
    - Shannon

Please go away! You beachbody people come trolling through the threads with new members trying to cash in on their vulnerability. They don't need you or your overpriced beachbody crap. Please, all you new members, stay away from this kind of garbage. All you need is to eat at a deficit and move a little. No program, nor product will do more than what you are capable of on your own. I also agree with those saying to start today. Good luck to you all.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Hey chica, Id be happy to TRY and inspire you! I post up all my meals and update statuses often. Right now I have my calender all scheduled on to begin P90x3 next Monday! I agree with a comment above, if you are SERIOUS, you MUST plan, you MUST schedule and ALWAYS FIT IT IN!!! Every Sunday, you must food prep. If you want to succeed...just DO what you KNOW you need to do! If you are a little confused on what to do, again, Id love to help. Ive dropped 100 pounds so far on my own and have had my FAIR share of "starting over" and lasting only 3 weeks.....I also feel like a have learned great deal on everything weight loss and getting healthy!
    Hey, my name is Shannon, Please ADD ME! Anyone else is free to add too. Good luck you guys and lets make 2014 the fittest year EVER!!!

- "Live your life with Love and Purpose"
    - Shannon

Please go away! You beachbody people come trolling through the threads with new members trying to cash in on their vulnerability. They don't need you or your overpriced beachbody crap. Please, all you new members, stay away from this kind of garbage. All you need is to eat at a deficit and move a little. No program, nor product will do more than what you are capable of on your own. I also agree with those saying to start today. Good luck to you all.

Meanie.....

tumblr_m85d4xXJjF1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Actually, I'm working on my skills for spotting BeachBody Coaches.... at least this one reveals herself in her profile. 1/2 marks for that.....

To everyone else posting in this thread.... go here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants
  • I will be starting January 1st as well! Do add me, everyone. I really want to stick to it this time. =)

January 1st is a good start date for me because it gives me a few more days of research, of figuring out what I enjoy eating and what I do not so that I do not get discouraged because I can't find items that are not only healthy for me, but will keep the other half from moaning about healthy stuff. =p
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I will be starting January 1st as well! Do add me, everyone. I really want to stick to it this time. =)

January 1st is a good start date for me because it gives me a few more days of research, of figuring out what I enjoy eating and what I do not so that I do not get discouraged because I can't find items that are not only healthy for me, but will keep the other half from moaning about healthy stuff. =p

One of the reasons that most people fail is because of restrictive diets. Eat what you eat now, just eat less of it and get some exercise. It really is that simple. Don't over think it. Read the thread linked above.
  • Thank you very much for the response, Prattiger65. However, the problem with your idea (for me, of course) is that I have spent the year hardly eating fruits and barely eating vegetables. I reach for chocolate and cookies, candy and sweets. There is nothing in that so I really should not continue eating what I am eating now. =)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member

Good luck.

I agree as well. Ive been trying over the past year but back in Sept I finally had enough. I didnt say to my self oh my gosh the holidays are coming I should wait. I said to my self though in 6 months Ill be 32 years old. I want to and will be healthier by that time so decided to start on that day and been going strong ever since.
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Don't be afraid to start now, even if you do have little bumps on the way!
    You can make small changes, even if it's just less sugar in your coffee, or grabbing an apple instead of a cookie. You'll pick up loads of tips on the way I'm sure. And MFP tracks your calories, so it's easy to see how you're doing.

Good luck!
  • sloth3toes
    Thank you very much for the response, Prattiger65. However, the problem with your idea (for me, of course) is that I have spent the year hardly eating fruits and barely eating vegetables. I reach for chocolate and cookies, candy and sweets. There is nothing in that so I really should not continue eating what I am eating now. =)

Well...... yes, and no. While, I personally, try to eat some fruit, and even more vegetables every day.... ( shhhhhh.... don't say 'eating clean....' )
    be-quiet-shhh-shh-shhhh-silence-please-150x150.gif
    The fact of the matter is... calories in / calories out. So, could you lose weight, on a candy and sweets diet? Yes, you could. Healthiest thing for you? Probably not... but hey... if you're currently consuming 3,000 calories worth of sweets per day, as your total intake... wouldn't it be healthier to drop to consuming 2,000 calories per day? Even if it's still candy and sweets?

So, my point is ( if I even have one ) you don't HAVE to suddenly switch your diet to nuts and berries.... Figure out what works for you. Work on hitting your calorie deficit, and then your macros. If you're going to fail by trying to suddenly live off of kale ( kale in juice tastes like *kitten* by the way.... ) then, you'd be better of to succeed, on the Fruit Loops diet....

dVJvaTlFRjI4eGMx_o_grape-nuts-breakfast-cereal-commercial-1960s.jpg

And this link bears repeating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants
  • sloth3toes
    WHOOPS !!!!

i-dont-always-double-post-but-when-i-do-its-in-caps-jpg.1402

Might as well put that link in again.... :wink:

Once again, folks.... that's A guide to get you started on your path to sexypants.
  • Ooh. Thanks for the link!! This is what I have been hunting for.
  • sure2014
    sure2014 Posts: 18 Member
    I weigh 185 and want to get down to 150. I am in my late 40's. I would like to take the challenge with you. I do Leslie Sanson'e workouts, 6 days a week. I have sweet tooth too.
  • Could someone please explain where there are so may repetitive posts that say "quote" on this thread? I'm new to this and am not sure why there is so much repetition in the posts.
  • sloth3toes
    Could someone please explain where there are so may repetitive posts that say "quote" on this thread? I'm new to this and am not sure why there is so much repetition in the posts.

I hit the QUOTE button, it adds your post in the quotes, so you know I'm responding to your post. If you quote this post... it 'quotes' the entire thing, your original post, and my post. So, some posts get quoted many times, and just keep growing. It's just the way this forum is set up.
  • meankeen
    meankeen Posts: 49 Member
    dont wait till 1/1, start over now.
  • Hey there!!! I'm in... I will be starting tomorrow though. Why, because I am doing nothing else. I have the time and opportunity and tomorrow is not promised. I have started over many times as well, and that's not important. What is important is that I not give up.... Also I need more pals to encourage me and for me to encourage so send me some requests... Wishing you all well. :smile:
  • sjb5577
    sjb5577 Posts: 29 Member
    I too am starting over but waiting til Jan 2. Doing Atkins. Lots of boney aches and pains as well. I'm 51 but feel like 91. Time to get my head in the game! Need to lose 30 lbs