Only 4 more days....brace yourselves

Options
Good luck and Godspeed.
579369_629792713750801_355893113_n.jpg

Replies

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    The good news is that it won't last long!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, you're right, it won't. The fact that a bunch of the resolutioners will filter out by February sucks, because it means that as a people we still haven't mastered the whole "hey let's actually stick to something that will keep us healthy for life" thing and will go to the next quick fad that jumps our way.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, you're right, it won't. The fact that a bunch of the resolutioners will filter out by February sucks, because it means that as a people we still haven't mastered the whole "hey let's actually stick to something that will keep us healthy for life" thing and will go to the next quick fad that jumps our way.

What I noticed at my gym is that they try to go too hard the first few days, I overhear them talking about cutting their calories way too low and exercise them too much and they get burnt out. It sucks that so many people go in blind and when they don't have the results they want, they quit. I was lucky enough to have MFP. That's right, all of MFP's big bullies helped me in the long term. Thanks bullies!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    January 2nd university gym is D-E-A-D....yeah!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I work out at 1 or 2 pm. Gym noobs don't come in the early afternoon.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    YEP...and a lot of new MFP members....only the strong will survive.

And thank god I have a bench, weights, etc. in my basement and run outside.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I hope a lot of them decide to stick around and educate themselves and make this a lifestyle choice.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I hope a lot of them decide to stick around and educate themselves and make this a lifestyle choice.

This.... meanwhile back the eff off my squat rack!!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the January newbies. I do wish more of them stuck around and really committed. The ones that drive me insane are all the cubs in September who try and show off way too much.
  • wheird
    Options
    And those of you hoping they fail are terrible, terrible people. :angry:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

ditto. it's only a stupid resolution if it doesn't get done.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    They've already started to show up at my gym. I'm indifferent, unless I can't get a treadmill.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    And those of you hoping they fail are terrible, terrible people. :angry:

Completely agree with this. Everyone used/uses something different as a trigger or starting off point. I'm not about to judge those who use a date on the calendar. I can only wish them the best--I know how much happier I am when I'm healthy and fit, and can only hope others achieve that too.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I find that the biggest reason people don't stick to being healthy is that this wasn't the goal in the first place. Too many people just want the look. I remember someone telling me that my daughter could eat all the unhealthy food she wanted just cause she was skinny, no she cant she still needed to eat healthy and exercise. This woman's granddaughter also asked my daughter how to lose weight (they were like 12 at the time) both were at the BBQ my daughter had salad, veggies and a hotdog the other girl had a hotdog and chips. Hmmm I wonder why?

Most people just wanna be skinny not healthy. Also not everyone can stick to a gym workout, there are other ways to get fit and you have to find the fun fitness for you!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    There's no where near that many dudes hugging at my gym on any day of the year....at least not out front anyway.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I was a January newbe 2 years ago :) still here. I would have totes given up by now if not for the support on here :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt43kVAd9zzy1ZreHySrodC4THID76w4ZrKDTbU1A5xaw2pVbg
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    We were talking about this in my gym this morning ~~ ugh!!! Although, I always wish the best of luck to those with true resolution to succeed!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    And....enter the gym/nutrition snobs that think they have it all nailed down and complain abut folks trying to better themselves. Meanwhile, said snob probably won't be here next year either....
  • wheird
    Options
    And....enter the gym/nutrition snobs that think they have it all nailed down and complain abut folks trying to better themselves. Meanwhile, said snob probably won't be here next year either....

And most of them never bother to help others anyway.