Rowing machine vs. treadmill

2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Neither will probably make much difference in terms of arm definition.
    The amount of calories you will burn off depends on the settings and how much effort you put into it.
    I'd go with a treadmill as it uses your whole body and doesn't impact your joints.

What type of treadmill u using?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Neither. I'd invest in a bench, barbell, plates and dumbbells (that use plates as well).
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Neither. I'd invest in a bench, barbell, plates and dumbbells (that use plates as well).

And then hot needles to stick in ones eyes...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

:huh:
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    If I had that much money to spend I'd get neither. Instead I'd invest in a full dumbell rack from 10-100 lbs and a kettlebell set. 10-50.

Countless exercises to be done with just those with an emphasis on cardiovascular, endurance or strength depending on volume, range, intensity. just my 2c
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member

:huh:

Well if I was going to spend money on exercise equipment I'd rather spend it one something that I'd enjoy using. If I really need to be bored to tears there are less expensive ways to do it :)

That said, I do have some weights kit, but the priority for spend is going to be on CV related kit; proper running kit, proper bikes etc.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    I forgot to mention earlier - we have a full set of free weights. I do have a weight lifting routine that I do 3 days a week. (ChaLEAN Extreme). I've been doing this routine for a few months. Haven't seen weight loss (my diet still isn't great, and I've slacked on cardio now that we aren't doing our stroller runs). But without a doubt, I've noticed muscle definition that wasn't there before.