Toes in the pool

Options
I've finally decided to make some changes that will hopfully give me the tools to battle the bulge. I hope to meet some folks here to support me through the process. The endless cookies that come through my pantry in the way of my naturally thin husband aren't giving me the support I need. Darn those cookies!

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It has really helped me meet my goal, once I decided to do something about my weight! Feel free to friend me if you like; or just check out my food diary as it is public. I am currently in maintenance mode and finding it more difficult than weight loss....ha ha! It is challenging not to revert back to my old habits of eating/snacking/larger portions/etc... that got me overweight to begin with! Good luck avoiding those cookies! Maybe you could post a picture or quote on your pantry door that would make you rethink putting your hand in the cookie jar! I wish you success on your weight loss journey!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hiya Deb welcome aboard. Cookies are my drug of choice so I seriously understand. I don't dare buy them or I'll find any excuse to go to the kitchen and just keep getting one more until I've eaten so many I feel icky. Good luck on your journey.
  • ElkieArnie
    Options
    When you get sale flyers for your favorite clothing store, find a model who is wearing an outfit that you adore and you can see your future slim-self wearing it. Write in bold on top of the picutre COOKIE FREE, LESS OF ME. Post it in view where you keep the cookies. It will help you put the brakes- on you habit of going for the cookies...and you will stop and think do I really need these cookies OR do i deserve to stay on my diet.

Just think how great you will look in that outfit months from now. You have a great start! You will make it. We all will:smile: .