How to keep track of calories burned on exercise bike?

Options
We have an exercise bike here in the apartment and I love to use it when I work out but I was wondering if there is a way to figure out how many calories you truly burn on the bike? There is no way it's accurate since it doesn't even ask for your weight or any other stats and just goes off the duration and the program you select. Any pointers? Thanks.

Curtis

Replies

• mitchyinge
    Options
    I 'know' I burn an average 70 cals per mile running at my steady pace so I just guess based on how much greater (or not) my effort on the bike feels in comparison. It's very imprecise (but so is all the weighing and measuring of food and everything else I suppose?)
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Under exercises there are several options for a stationary bike. MFP takes into account your weight/age for your calorie burn.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Under exercises there are several options for a stationary bike. MFP takes into account your weight/age for your calorie burn.

Thanks for that. Even though I was giving it as much as I could, since I'm FAR from being in shape, I put down moderate for my intensity level. The burning calories is about 60 calories lower than the bike said and I'll definitely take that any day of the week lol Thanks everybody for all your responses.