Eating the same foods everyday

Does anybody do this?

Since eating healthier (since May) I've found that I eat the same foods, ALOT.

Breakfast for example. I soft boil 2 eggs, de-shell them, and then chop them up onto two slices of toast, then add salt, pepper and tomato ketchup.

^^^ I think I could literally have that for breakfast each and every single day.

Replies

• mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    I try to switch it up, because eating the same foods all the time could lead to vitamin deficiencies (unless everything you eat has everything you need, or you supplement) .

But I do eat eggs for breakfast almost every day.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    So basically an egg sandwich...
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    I try to switch it up, because eating the same foods all the time could lead to vitamin deficiencies (unless everything you eat has everything you need, or you supplement) .

But I do eat eggs for breakfast almost every day.

I usually eat fruit, veg and eggs everyday. I'm pretty confident I get all my vitamins in daily, usually aim for my 5 a day!

Eggs are brilliant. So good for protein and low calorie. What more can ya ask for?!
  • _EndGame_

Yeah, pretty much. Only I don't wedge them together to form a sandwich. I place each egg on it's own slice of toast. It's the way it should be!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member

Yeah, pretty much. Only I don't wedge them together to form a sandwich. I place each egg on it's own slice of toast. It's the way it should be!

Picky
  • I dont know. When I first started dieting, I did the salads, healthy smoothies, tons of healthy fats, fruits, vegetables, eggs, ect. Uhh I got burnt out on that crap really fast. I love avocado but I even got burnt out on that.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    I eat a lot of the same things, but I still try to switch it up and make new stuff or buy different things every time I go to the store. Pinterest really helps with finding healthy recipes.
  • I eat a lot of the same foods too. I don't really tire of them, actually crave them! I love my eggs (any way I can get 'em), chicken breast, stir fry, steamed brown rice, nuts, almond milk, peanut butter, greek yogurt, etc. Love it!

Off to make homemade chicken stir fry ... as we speak. LOL
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I've read posts on the forum from people who eat the same thing every day just because they hate logging.

I eat oatmeal/porridge most mornings, but I vary the dried/freeze-dried fruits (and nuts/seeds) I put in it.
  • _EndGame_
    My dinner usually consists of chicken in some way (It's really the only meat I still eat these days, and turkey if I get a Subway)

Usually it's chicken breast, with some kind of sauce (curry sauce, Spanish chicken sauce, etc) rice and pittas.

I found that protein is vital to keeping that "full" feeling.
  • lclark1970
    lclark1970 Posts: 30 Member
    I do eat many of the same foods...protein bars and diet shakes. I have to switch my calories from day to day though or I stop losing weight.
  • _EndGame_
    I eat a lot of the same foods too. I don't really tire of them, actually crave them! I love my eggs (any way I can get 'em), chicken breast, stir fry, steamed brown rice, nuts, almond milk, peanut butter, greek yogurt, etc. Love it!

Off to make homemade chicken stir fry ... as we speak. LOL

I'll be making a chicken curry tonight myself.

I agree, I rarely tire of the same foods.
  • _EndGame_
    I do eat many of the same foods...protein bars and diet shakes. I have to switch my calories from day to day though or I stop losing weight.

I've never really had that problem.

I've seen a lot of people mention that they seem to stall when they eat the same foods, due to their metabolism getting "used" to the foods, but I can honestly say I've never experienced that!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    I like to keep things simple, so I eat basically the same breakfast everyday.

Lunch and dinner are predictable. I stick to a limited choice of menu options.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I do as much as I can. Makes planning and logging so much easier. If I could guarantee to be able to buy the same things every week then I'd eat exactly the same food every day. I've even not bothered to buy something new because it would be a PITA to find the right entry amongst 20!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Does anybody do this?

Breakfast for example. I soft boil 2 eggs, de-shell them, and then chop them up onto two slices of toast, then add salt, pepper and tomato ketchup.

^^^ I think I could literally have that for breakfast each and every single day.

True! Once something works for me I tend to stick to the same and am not bothered by it.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Does anybody do this?

For breakfast, yes. Mine is poached on toast with catsup. For dinner, no. I really mix it up.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    I am sooo guilty. I absolutely LOVE chicken soaked in lemon juice and grilled. I make a few large batches a week and eat a thigh almost daily for dinner. (This reads as barbecued chicken thigh with skin in my diary.) I sometimes feel guilty for having it so often, but I do find that having that at home saves me from wanting to eat out or grab a bite somewhere, it reheats well and is incredibly tasty. So I mix up the sides and try to vary things for lunch. One big problem I have is that I'm now alone, so when I bother cooking a side, or opening a can of beans, I tend to eat off it for days, because come on, making a quinoa pilaff for one... is much harder than making it for 4 or 6. I also tend to have the same breakfast every morning because it's so quick and easy. Nuked egg-beater with a teaspoon of salsa on top. Takes just about as long as pouring milk over cereal.
  • _EndGame_
    I am sooo guilty. I absolutely LOVE chicken soaked in lemon juice and grilled. I make a few large batches a week and eat a thigh almost daily for dinner. (This reads as barbecued chicken thigh with skin in my diary.) I sometimes feel guilty for having it so often, but I do find that having that at home saves me from wanting to eat out or grab a bite somewhere, it reheats well and is incredibly tasty. So I mix up the sides and try to vary things for lunch. One big problem I have is that I'm now alone, so when I bother cooking a side, or opening a can of beans, I tend to eat off it for days, because come on, making a quinoa pilaff for one... is much harder than making it for 4 or 6. I also tend to have the same breakfast every morning because it's so quick and easy. Nuked egg-beater with a teaspoon of salsa on top. Takes just about as long as pouring milk over cereal.

Chicken soaked in lemon juice... That sounds delicious!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I eat pretty much the same thing every day - I change it up on weekends (one day, sometimes both). It's easier to plan and prep that way. No nutrient deficiencies for me....I make sure to eat lots of colours of fruit and vegies, and probably have over 10 serves a day :)