Question about gaining:) help please!!:)

Options
Hello:)
So currently im in maintenance.. I eat 1640 every day apart from thursdays where I have a protein day(dukan diet! Completed and successful) that day I usually consume between 500/600 calories by just eating pure proteins and other days I eat what I want as long as I stay in 1640 I maintain my weight.
I'm 5'4 and 46/47kg. Id like to gain and be 50kg as its a healthier weight for my body, but don't know how to go about it. I don't want to compromise my protein day, but I don't know what to do? I don't want to be more than 50kg:) so in this case do I increase calories until I reach 50 then eat those calories instead of 1640? I don't want my weight to go out of control but I know that to maintain a certain weight you need to consume a certain amount of cals..so the weight will stop increasing eventually? Also I don't really do any exercise but I do walk a lot and work in a shop where I move alot so I'd say I'm lightly active. Thank you!!:)

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories and your weight will eventually increase with it.
    Nothing too drastic - 100 / 150 a week till you reach your goal weight.
    Once reached your goal weight re-calculate your macros / calories based on your new weight and stay at maintenance.
  • rachellebells
    rachellebells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories and your weight will eventually increase with it.
    Nothing too drastic - 100 / 150 a week till you reach your goal weight.
    Once reached your goal weight re-calculate your macros / calories based on your new weight and stay at maintenance.

Thank you for your reply! My circumstances have actually changed.. I managed to reach 50kg by having a few days in the week where I was quite naughty! Even though I wanted to do it my pace I managed to get to 50 anyway so I'm fine with it. Now my question is, do I go back to eating 1640 a day ? Will that make me go back to the weight i was maintaining at 1640 which was 47? Or do I have to increase overall to maintain this new weight? Thank you so much:)
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    you need to increase overall. Id increase your carbs by 25 grams a week as long as your gaining around .5 to 1lb a week, where you wanna be. Dont increase Protein or fat just the carbs.
  • rachellebells
    rachellebells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you need to increase overall. Id increase your carbs by 25 grams a week as long as your gaining around .5 to 1lb a week, where you wanna be. Dont increase Protein or fat just the carbs.
    Hi, thank you for your reply:) but I don't want to gain anymore:) I was maintaining by eating 1650 a day the weight of 47kg and now that I'm 50 I'm wondering if I need to increase the calories to maintain this weight not 47 and if I eat 1640 again if my weight will drop back down to 47 xx
  • JJMaritz
    JJMaritz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    +1 for justinproulx1

If you do decide to increase protein you have to increase fat as well, that means more calories = more cardio. Which is best....30 minutes of cardio or eating 300 calories less? I'd go for less calories. I would stick with the advise above.

Use the Harris Benedict formula and stick to what your body needs. You know your body best.....listen to it.