Every Other Day Diet--anyone else on this diet?

Options
12346»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If you're curious about it you should check out one of the books about it. There are at least three good ones: Johnson's, Mosley's and Farady's. Farady's been studying it at University of Illinois for many years and has published dozens of articles on it. You can read those through any college library or possibly free online as well. They actually find a lot of benefits for general health, lean body mass retention and longevity, as well as for dietary adherence and weight loss.

If skipping a meal or two makes you feel poorly, it may not be for you. Though with 500 calories a day I can easily make several 'meals'. Two eggs is 150 calories. A bowl of vegetable soup with chicken is 130. Etc.
  • nickdoms
    nickdoms Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my 10th fast day! I'm entering my 3rd week soon and the energy is starting to go through the roof now! The hunger on fast days have diminished and appetite on feast day is down also...I just have to force myself to eat my 2000 calories! Ignore the bashers! It's science! Good Luck!