30 Day Shred!

Hi, I'm on day 2 (those side lunges are no joke)
looking to add friends who are on the 30 Day Shred DVD for support/motivation.. also wanna take a look at your menus and make sure mine is on track...

What weight are you using for arms?

Replies

• cmv35167
    cmv35167 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,

I just started today and I really like it. I work out plenty (group exercise, run, lift, etc) but this is a fun find for me and it's 20min I can do early before work. I have 15lbs of extra fluff right now so that's my motivation. As far as menus...I eat healthy (clean) and am working w/`11cal/lb as a start point. I'll adjust depending on progress.

I'm using 5# weights for my arms and it's challenging.

What about you?
  • I'm not using the meal plan but I'm keeping within my limits obviously. I'm using 5 pound weights for the arms. :)
  • I just finished a few days ago and I'm about to start Ripped in 30 tomorrow. I agree those side lunges made me cry, but the pushups scared me the most. Just keep going with it, even if you don't see any difference on the scale it's a good routine to implement in my opinion. Good luck!
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Im on day 4 of level 1. I love the dvd and are using 5 pound weights as well. Im constantly cursing Jillian during side lunges, thats my least favorite part of the routine but I force myself to stick with it. I stay with in my calorie limit and try my hardest to eat clean, but doesnt always end up working that way I have about 20 pounds left until I hit my goal weight also.
  • meankeen
    meankeen Posts: 49 Member
    yeah,my cut was a month...all i really did was a 30 min run before weightlifting and had my diet in check. So easy.

2000 calories a day
    -500 calories of running
    - ??? calories weightlifting

you could say i had a 1300 calorie diet a day for 30 days.

i ate:
    morning: protein shake with oats and banana (shake)
    lunch: egg, chicken, some potato
    pre workout: apple
    post workout: chicken & beans

late night snack: egg with cottage cheese and sometimes bread with peanutbutter
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    yeah,my cut was a month...all i really did was a 30 min run before weightlifting and had my diet in check. So easy.

2000 calories a day
    -500 calories of running

i ate:

1300 calories a day..sounds like a great idea if you want to lose lean mass and be a beanpole

OP my fiance just started it. She loves it too and says it gives her a good run for the money.
  • meankeen
    meankeen Posts: 49 Member

2000 calories a day
    -500 calories of running

i ate:

1300 calories a day..sounds like a great idea if you want to lose lean mass and be a beanpole

OP my fiance just started it. She loves it too and says it gives her a good run for the money.

Losing lean muscle is a process that can't really be avoided when cutting brah, but it worked out very well for me. 2000 from food is enough. All I did was create a deficiency with cardio.