age 61 need a buddy for support

Options
I am 61 and need to lose at least 70 pounds. At my age, I know my weight can affect my overall health. I am relatively healthy and want to stay that way. It's almost like I am waiting for something to go wrong with my health to get serious about this weight loss. I don't want to wait until that happens. But I need motivation and support. Does anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• samerry50
    Options
    I am 63 and I too was very overweight at 279 lbs. About 1 1/2 yrs. ago my health was very bad and I started a weight loss program online. I lost some luck losing but it kind of stalled out so I started going to meetings. I lost about 35 lbs. Then I ruptured a disk and had to have surgery. The neurosurgeon said I had several other bulges in my back that could rupture at any time and that I needed to lose this weight. Well I got serious about losing. I have worked very hard at this because I do not want another rupture and back surgery. I have very gradually lost a total of 80 lbs and am still losing. I had a lot of support from my husband and my friends. I will be your buddy and maybe we can be each other's buddy. How about that?