tilapia recipe?

Options
chriss1tt
chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
Hi. Does anyone have an easy recipe for tilapia? I'm moving tomorrow so most of my stuff is packed. I was planning on baking it. Any ideas for flavor?????????:smile:

Replies

• chriss1tt
    Options
    Hi. Does anyone have an easy recipe for tilapia? I'm moving tomorrow so most of my stuff is packed. I was planning on baking it. Any ideas for flavor?????????:smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I heat up olive oil in a skillet-good and hot-roll the fish in soy flour, sprinkle with pepper and kosher salt and some lemon juice or zest. Put in oil for about 4 minutes on each side.-depending on thickness.
    It is really good.
  • chriss1tt
    Options
    sounds fantastic. thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • readytomove
    Options
    I really like to keep it simple and bake it at 350 in aluminum foil with lemon pepper seasoning....The foil keeps it moist, and it has such a great flavor. Or, if you have a grill, that makes it reallllllly good.....:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You could also make it spicy with some chili powder, garlic salt, white pepper and a little cayenne. YUMMY! I LOVE tilapia. I buy it every week and we eat TONS of it! you can flavor it anyway you want!
  • mel_loomans
    Options
    lemon juice and pepper always offers a light, aromatic flavour. And it tastes really great if you cook it in a parchment paper bag with veggies.
  • mel_loomans
    Options
    lemon juice and pepper always offers a light, aromatic flavour. And it tastes really great if you cook it in a parchment paper bag with veggies.
  • picklejunkie
    Options
    i really love my tialpia with bwon sugar and honey about a Tbsp of each and then a tsp of so of cayenne pepper. i love the mix of sweet and spicy. the brown sugar also crisps up when you broil the fish. :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My mother and I used to cook it with lemon juice, and butter. Nice and simple. Tilapia is really good tasting as is, so pretty much any way you serve it should work.
  • alinabrindusescu
    Options
    Tilapia is the best!! Just had it last night. All I use is a little, little salt and pepper on both sides, and then a thin layer of Parmesan cheese on top for taste. Place in a slightly buttered pan (or any non stick assistance) and place in preheated oven at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.

I usually serve with a tomatoe/onion salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Enjoy.

:flowerforyou: