So Overwhelmed!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the wonderful advice, ideas and encouragement. I wish there was a scale that doesn't show weight. Rather it would show percentage of weight lost, BMI and goal date. Wouldn't that be great?
  • floridagirl7264
    Options
    I'm dredging this post back up. I wrote it about the same time last year, but now I am 50 lbs lighter!
  • carolinagirl543
    carolinagirl543 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Wow that's a great accomplishment. Congratulations.
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Small goals are definitely a good start. I also found it helpful to reward myself for achieving each goal with something that wasn't food related. At 5kg lost, I'd get a manicure, at 10kg I'd add a pedicure or buy a new album. At 15kg, I bought myself a charm for my bracelet.
    Another motivator is to match your weight loss with a dollar in a piggy bank. When you get to your goal you can spend the cash on a new outfit.
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great work on 50lbs lost floridagirl7264. That's a fabulous achievement.
  • floridagirl7264
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, I have been treating myself when I reach a mini goal. My next one is to get my hair highlighted (a real treat). I haven't thought about using a piggy bank. I think I'll add that to my list of motivations. :)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Spend some time browsing the "success stories" forum. Plenty of folks just like you were able to make it work. Before you know it you will start to believe it can happen for you too.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything everyone else has said. The other thing that helped me was just committing that this was my new way of life. I used to get discouraged because it took so long. Now that I'm in this forever I don't have the self-imposed time limit over my head. So if I don't lose for a couple of weeks I just keep plugging along. I'm down about 35 lbs and it's been 8 months. I haven't lost much in the last 2 months, but I ran a mile without stopping last week. Never, in my whole life, was I able to do that. I feel really good.

If you want to set a goal, I'm in a group on here called 20lbs by Christmas 2014 and we'd love to have you join. Obviously, 20lbs probably isn't realistic now since we are only 5 weeks out, but you could set a 5lb goal. 5lbs lost during 2 of the best food holidays would be awesome.
  • jmc827
    jmc827 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm dredging this post back up. I wrote it about the same time last year, but now I am 50 lbs lighter!

OMG I wasn't paying any attention to the date of the posts and comments, when i saw this, my eyes started burning with tears!!

That is absolutely awesome!!! Congrats :smiley: