5"7 woman success stories ?

Options
Its great seeing everyone doing so well but be nice to see or know the sorta weight other t'6 5"7 women are going for !
I've gone from highest at 190 ish to now 152lbs (maybe more after this week)
Just nice to see how great everyone's done especially after all the junk I've ate I need the extra kick

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 currently 157 lbs pretty happy, might go down couple lbs before i start maintenance. I want to build a little muscle. I'm an athlete
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, at 157, I seem to have lost weight in stupid places so still not happy.
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    started around 180 now I'm around 155 ish i just want to get down to 150/145 I'm more concerned with lifting and getting rid of my flabby tummy haha
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    started around 180 now I'm around 155 ish i just want to get down to 150/145 I'm more concerned with lifting and getting rid of my flabby tummy haha

I need to find a way to lift with messed up shoulder and neck.
    Well done on your loss too :)
  • arethaholly
    arethaholly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In college, my weight crept up from the 170s to 195, which was the highest & unhappiest I had ever been... I realized as a new teacher last year that I needed to do something about all of the stress I had and that I was in control of how I felt about my body. I got a Y membership & started exercising January 2013 and didn't lose much of anything, and then I really cut out a LOT of junk (coughoreoscough) & started to see some difference... but it still took me until the end of May to lose 15lbs.

It took all year, but I've lost about 30lbs and was at 164 before the holidays (there's no scale here at my parents' house!), which is the lowest I can ever remember being. I'm just a few pounds shy of being in the "normal" bmi range!

I tend to carry most of my weight in my stomach, so I was hoping 30lbs would look like more than it does, but I checked my inches lost and it was encouraging!
    Waist: 35 to 31.5: 3.5inches
    Hips/Stomach: 43-39.5 (size 14 down to sometimes in a size 10(never been that!!!)... though it's tight with all those Christmas cookies I've eaten! haha): 3.5 inches
    Thighs: 23/24 to 21: 4 inches
    Left arm (bicep): 13.5 to 12: 1.5 inches
    Right arm (bicep): 13 to 11.75: 1.25 inches
    Total inches lost: 13.75 inches

For 2014, I'm hoping to lose 20 more pounds & introduce consistent weight training 2x a week. I don't really have an ultimate goal weight yet because I just want to be healthy and not let my "diet" control my life... #aintnobodygottimeforthat. So, I'm just going to keep going and see where is a healthy weight that my body naturally maintains.

Here's a before (left) & after (right). I think even my head shrunk (heh heh), but not my crafting abilities because I made that dress & the Christmas sweatshirt. :)
    2013weightchange_zpsb4e85bbe.jpg
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    5'7 1/2". 126-127 is my goal... which I was at a week ago. LOL, "shark week" is here and with some water retention, I'm around 130 now. I hope to get back to my goal.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm right in between 5'7 and 5'8 and I started on MFP December 2012 at 247 (ish) pounds and I a currently 182
    GxDuISW.png
    my goal is 160 cause then I'm FINALLY in a healthy BMI but considering how I feel at that point, I might shoot for 150.
    Good luck!!!
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7! Don't have a success story YET.. but January is right around the corner (like in two days) and I'm starting p90x3!!! Super excited. Feel free to LIKE my page and follow my journey.. the more likes I have the less likely I'll quit.. cause who wants to quit when everyone is watching you?!?! https://www.facebook.com/yourfitnesspal

Also add me!! I need 5'7 gals!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just posted my success story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159674-2013-by-the-pound?page=1

Started at 210 and now 150.

PhotoGrid_1388034538094_zpskeji40vc.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm right in between 5'7 and 5'8 and I started on MFP December 2012 at 247 (ish) pounds and I a currently 182
    GxDuISW.png
    my goal is 160 cause then I'm FINALLY in a healthy BMI but considering how I feel at that point, I might shoot for 150.
    Good luck!!!

You look AMAZING!!! Well done.

I'm 5'8" but HW was 307 and started MFP March 2013 at 262 lb. CW 204 but GW 180 will not be my stopping point. I'm thinking around 170-180.

May change as I go lower, not sure yet. Just depends. I'm 37 and have not been 180 since I was 13-14 yrs old so I have no clue!
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you guys all look amazing! I am 5'9ish and my UGW is 145 though I will be happy at pre-pregnancy weight which is 152.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    GxDuISW.png
    Good luck!!!

You look Awesome!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome!

thanks!! I still feel like 290 but maybe when I get abs ill feel better hahah
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at about 230. I'm down to 168 now, but I really want to be closer to 140ish. I'm hoping I can make it there by the end of 2014.

This was me at about my highest weight (on the left)

190662_950198652215_4810599_n.jpg

And this is me at about 175 (sorry for crazy mirror face)

20131210_073211_zps5fe21e7a.jpg
  • smash820
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and the highest weight I have ever been is 152, lowest has been 135. I currently weight 140 and hope to get down to 130 in the next 6 weeks before my vacation..
  • Gwendo94
    Options
    This is not a success story but I am 5 foot 7 and weigh 182 pounds, I am so discouraged 2 years ago I weighed 150 pounds so I know I can get back there. I am starting my journey tommorrow wish me luck cause I sure am going to need it! Ill be jogging 3 times a week and working out 30 minutes at the gym 4 times a week... 1500 cal per day...
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 7 and about half way there. Being about 3 months into this life change, I already feel successful though, because I am doing it. It is doable. I am seeing results!

Don't have a place to host pics, but my before / half way there pic is in my profile.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and started at 250... am now 170 ish and am happy, but not satisfied. My goal is 150. Good luck to you
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and was 154lb at my heaviest. Got down to 109lb which i liked, but have since gone up a bit (I blame Christmas and such!) Hope to even out around 112lb in a couple of weeks after some careful eating.
    My before and after are in my profile.
    Good luck with your fitness and weight loss.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm just lurking because this is my height too. You all look so amazing! My weight has been collecting in my face, belly, and arms. I'm to that point where it's depressing getting dressed and even more depressing being around thin people. Crazy, since I was born with "skinny genes". Age and lifestyle are catching up I guess...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!