New but not so new...

Options
January 2013 I started my weight loss journey. By April I had lost 31lbs! My friend whom is very much like a sister lost her 7 1/2 month old baby boy. devastated me to pieces. After that I gave up. I gave up eating good, drinking water and exercise stopped a while before that. Now, 18lbs HEAVIER I am fed up and HAVE to get back in the game again! So, my question is--Can any of you help me? Friend me, encourage me, give me tips! I have a general idea from where I was last time, but it's like learning to walk again. I know I got far with drinking nothing but water, so that's the first on my list!

1. Drink Lots of Water.
2. Weigh yourself once a week.
3. Watch your sodium levels for swelling.
4. Don't set your calories at 1200.
5. Protein shakes help!

I could probably think of more, but I'm at a loss right now. lol. So if you have any tips for jump starting my weight loss, please do tell! (I don't want to lose super fast. But I want to lose enough to get me back down 18lbs so I can truly continue with this like I was!)

Also, I can do low impact cardio, low impact walking (got the walking video from last time), ball exercises (LOVE THEM!)

Have a disability so high impact is something I want to goal for, but I won't get my hopes up. Just want to be able to move better and walk better without so much pain!

HELP! :) Thank you all!

PS-The TDEE roadmap really helped me, but I didn't do it until halfway through my first try at this journey. So I'll probably need to wait again?

Replies

• amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I feel loved! :/
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Added you!
  • jessigoct17
    jessigoct17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    make sure you're sweating when you workout so you know you're really exercising your muscles well! and don't rest too much between sets

lift heavy weights! i do 3-5 sets of 10... if u can do more than 10 reps its too light
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    PS-The TDEE roadmap really helped me, but I didn't do it until halfway through my first try at this journey. So I'll probably need to wait again?

Nope, don't wait. Re-read it and use it as your starting point this time around. Follow the information it gives you regarding calories, and the weight will come off.

Diet for weight-loss, exercise for fitness. Get your calories right, exercise as you see fit, and you'll be good to go.

Good luck!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
  • amosmoses88
    Options
    make sure you're sweating when you workout so you know you're really exercising your muscles well! and don't rest too much between sets

lift heavy weights! i do 3-5 sets of 10... if u can do more than 10 reps its too light

:/ I don't have any weights. I got my 25lb son if that counts. Guess I could try it if he'll cooperate haha. The only strength training I've done is just the normal squats, push ups, sit ups, standing calf raises and such. Thanks for the info!
  • amosmoses88
    Options

Thanks! I'll look over that!
  • amosmoses88
    Options

Nope, don't wait. Re-read it and use it as your starting point this time around. Follow the information it gives you regarding calories, and the weight will come off.

Diet for weight-loss, exercise for fitness. Get your calories right, exercise as you see fit, and you'll be good to go.

Good luck!

Thanks! That's what I thought I needed to do! Off to do my TDEE asap!