Am i over doing it?

deejames84
deejames84 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I recently started dieting and i find myself rite around 1100 calories a day of not less. Ive only been at it for almost a week and already lost 10lbs. Does this sound healthy or should i raise my calorie intake? I went from eatting fast food every day to eatting fruit, yogurt, and salad. Thats Breakfast and lunch an when dinner rolls around i try to eat something out of that box but not to crazy that i will kill my calorie intake. The only other thing i can think is i have been up an down in weight for the past 2 years ive lost as much as 70lbs but ended up gaining it all back. Would it be easier to take off the second time around or just as hard as the first go around.

Any Helpful Tips to Sucess Would Be Great!

Thank You

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Hi There,

Welcome!! & Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

I would recommend reading these links as they are very very informational and opened my eyes up to the how, what and why of eating the right amount of calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Megsta21
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    You really need to eat at least 1200 cals a day, and this is net cals. So if you do 300 cal exercise then you should eat at least 1500. Losing 2lb per week is the ideal rate of loss and is proven to be the easiest to keep off. The 10lb you have experienced int he first week is due to the shock of changing from an all fast food diet.

Up your net cal intake to always be 12000 or more and you will haev the best long term results. The second time is often harder because your body has already "learnt" all your tricks!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I think you may be. I think you will quickly tire of fruit, yogurt, and salad, and you must be somewhat hungry most of the day? I would suggest adding in some protein at each meal. You want to find a way of eating that is sustainable-- "life change". You will probably have to experiment a bit to find what works for you, but I would definitely be eating more cals. Have you used the tools tab, there is a BMR calculator there. That should be your baseline calorie amount. As the previous poster suggested, read the links pinned to the top of this forum. They're chock full of good info.
This discussion has been closed.