anyone goal set to Lose 1/2 lb per week?

Options
2»

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP I continued to eat as I always had (gaining steadily) for a few days and logged it in my diary with brutal honesty in order to see how many calories I was really consuming and to see how much I would have to change things in order to lose weight. I compared that to the amount MFP estimated I would need to loose 2 lbs a week and it seemed like I would have to cut back severely to lose weight that way. I knew I wouldn't be able to sustain that long term. I switched my goal to .5 lb and found it way more satisfying and I have had decent results.

The diary with my old normal eating also showed me where I could cut back calories without too much sacrifice. I was able to identify the things that were high calorie, but not that filling or satisfying. Like non-food calories such as alcohol and juices.

Even though I was eating as much as possible and still lose weight, I still got hungry during the day. Since then, I have switched more of my calorie intake to earlier in the day and less with my evening meal and that works much better.
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your feedback. I don't want to give up eating so much all at once I'm trying to slowly decrease so my chances of giving up will go down. Thanks again

It is good you recognize that you enjoy eating. You can still eat, just different foods. For example, Soup laden with vegetables is very filling. You can even add in whole grains like barley or quinoa. I think the advice given here was very good.

Weigh and me assure your food with brutal honesty
    Identify new, healthy food that will satisfy your hunger without adding extra calories.

I will add this:
    Only modify one thing in your diet a week. Such as: this week I will substitute an apple for chips. Whatever you want to do that week. Go slowly because your ultimate goal is to change the foods your eat, not necessarily how much you eat. This will take time.

Your are on the right track, keep moving forward.