The Happy Weight Thread

Options
This thread is to remind yourself why it's worth it to keep from gaining back lost weight. You can use comments, quotes, selfies, or motivational knick-knacks from the net. Whatever you want to store up to remind yourself when things get tough.

My first one: I'm happier to go out and be social when I'm at my happy weight.

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I was at my happy weight a month ago---so I'm bumping to feel the good vibes and stay happy till I'm back!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    You KNOW this is gonna turn into a .gif thread....

FunnyGrin.jpg
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is worth it because I'll be attempting to conceive soon and if I stay the same, I can gain 30 pounds and still not be at my biggest weight! :D
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    After struggling with my weight my whole life, getting to a healthy weight and staying here has been a challenge, but so very awesome. I always tell people that losing weight doesn't solve all your problems or make you a "happy person." But it sure is one less thing to worry over or be miserable about!

Oh, and I love love love being able to find clothes that fit.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Being able to zip those "skinny" jeans, and still breathe and eat!! Lol

Getting on the scale at the dr office. I'm there every 3 months.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    And I just realized: only one chin in photos!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I have maintained my "Happy Weight" for the month of December....well, so far!! :bigsmile: I NEVER want to go back...NEVER!! :noway: I NEED to outlive my special needs son....NO EXCUSES!!! :love:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, that. Not putting off doctor's visits because you're afraid of THE SCALE!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    You KNOW this is gonna turn into a .gif thread....

FunnyGrin.jpg

So far a sad lack of gifs in this thread! :laugh:

Still love the self -motivating comments though!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Most mundane: I am traveling overseas Sunday and I know how much better those airplane seats fit now than they used to! :laugh:

Most flattering thing over the holiday . . . I come from a family of mostly overweight people. Four different people came up to me and asked me which program I was using to lose weight and had me walk them through how to set it up.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Most mundane: I am traveling overseas Sunday and I know how much better those airplane seats fit now than they used to! :laugh:

Most flattering thing over the holiday . . . I come from a family of mostly overweight people. Four different people came up to me and asked me which program I was using to lose weight and had me walk them through how to set it up.

AWESOME!!! So glad they wanted help. I have heard sooo many stories of family trying to sabotage efforts to make themselves feel better. Way to be a leader!! :drinker:
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    <<< tried on tight dresses today and fit in Mediums. And no bump belly :-)
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, that. Not putting off doctor's visits because you're afraid of THE SCALE!

I'm totally doing that right now.
  • nxd10
    Options

AWESOME!!! So glad they wanted help. I have heard sooo many stories of family trying to sabotage efforts to make themselves feel better. Way to be a leader!! :drinker:

And a follower. I am in a band with four other women. I decided to lose weight when one person had always been thin, two others were on weight watchers, and one lost 20 pounds with MFP. I was the only one who needed to and I was tired of being the fatty in the pictures! Now I am the thinnest but all of us have been encouraging each others. It really helps when others are supportive.
  • Jestinia
    Options

And a follower. I am in a band with four other women. I decided to lose weight when one person had always been thin, two others were on weight watchers, and one lost 20 pounds with MFP. I was the only one who needed to and I was tired of being the fatty in the pictures! Now I am the thinnest but all of us have been encouraging each others. It really helps when others are supportive.

Oh this reminds me of a good one that I hate admitting to because it's petty! The casual glance, I'm thinner than that random chick over there self-esteem boost. Yes, I know, I'm terrible, but I worked hard for this, I get to be petty once in awhile. I imagine after awhile it will wear off.
  • 60x60
    60x60 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Every time I hoist a piece of luggage on the scale at the airport and see it weighs almost 50 lbs. I crack a smile and say to myself, "I used to haul two of these around all day 365 days a year!"
  • nxd10
    Options
    Every time I hoist a piece of luggage on the scale at the airport and see it weighs almost 50 lbs. I crack a smile and say to myself, "I used to haul two of these around all day 365 days a year!"

Ain't that the truth. I've lost a big heavy box of copy paper - and can't imagine it.

My husband has a pound butter box on his desk to remind him what he needs to lose.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

I'm totally doing that right now.

I am so glad I am not the only one...
  • Jestinia
    Options
    Weight loss product commercials give me a contented, proud feeling. Yeah, maintaining is a pain, yeah I slipped up recently, but it's all about vanity pounds now, where before it was some serious haulage I was toting around.