How often should I ...

Options
do intervals on the treadmill? I want to start with 30 minutes, 1 minute running 1-2 walking. But I am not sure how often I should do this workout. My goal is to firm and tone and I notice when I used to jog (not consistent though) the fat came off my legs first, thank you God lol. But I do not want to overdo it and I don't want to not do enough. Advice please and thank you.

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a C25K program, which is usually 3x a week, along with some form of resistance training/weight lifting.
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You should listen to your body. I think it's best to start out with small goals (walking for 30 minutes 4 times a week) and increasing from there. You will have muscle soreness when you first start - no biggie... but if your joints really start to hurt you're over doing it and should slow down and pay more attention to stretching and form.

If you start out too fast and aggressive with your goals you my burn out or lose interest.

Overall - exercise should be (moderately) fun - get a burn and enjoy it. Don't stress out too much for running at first - running is a fickle beast but once you get into it you will love it :)
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The 30 minutes doesn't bother me and I have the bowflex so I do weight training 3-4 times a week I just don't know how many times a week i should do intervals. I do an hour on the treadmill 5 times a week now but its getting boring and once I start school and my christmas break is over I won't have time for that.