New Years is too late for me...I'm starting now

Options
I've gained weight again and crossed that most terrible threshold...300 pounds. At 304 pounds, it is now hard to find clothes that fit me. If that isn't a sign, then I don't know what is! I'm trying to keep my spirits up and not dwell on the fact that I've said this many times before and failed. I have to lose weight. There is no alternative. Any and all support greatly appreciated! More friends on this long journey would be wonderful.

Replies

• aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Look at smokers who have smoked their whole lives, tried quitting many times, relapsed, and then finally succeeded. It's never too late.
  • bigbeautifulstacy
    Options
    Thank you. Your support brought tears to my eyes. You (by the way) look awesome! Keep up whatever you are doing, girl!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have open diary feel free to add me.
  • levelene2
    levelene2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had the very same idea. I always say I'm gonna start "tomorrow" - and even planned on starting in January. Then two days ago, I decided that was dumb. This isn't a diet; it is a lifestyle change to live my best life possible. Why wouldn't I want to start today? I'm on day 2 - after gaining back the 10 pounds I lost this summer. GL!
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you got this. Here is a little tip I use. When eating and your body has had enough you will take a deep breath. Stand up and scrap your plate in the trash. It will take a few times of paying close attention, trust me it will help. :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    wish you all the best with this..you can do it
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Your support brought tears to my eyes. You (by the way) look awesome! Keep up whatever you are doing, girl!

Clothes do wonders to camouflage the truth. ;) The only thing I've been doing, is waffling back and forth between watching what I eat for awhile, and then...not. And the weight maintains...and sometimes creeps. But more important than a number - the muscle mass is lost and the flab increases. I know discipline is what I need. Hence, why I'm here.
  • bigbeautifulstacy
    Options
    Great tip. I'll do it at my next meal. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I decided to start before New Years too! My "fat jeans" are almost too small and I knew it had to stop. I'm just so uncomfortable in my skin right now. I've tried and failed so many times before too, and I've had so many days where I woke up with good intentions of eating better and exercising, only to immediately start eating everything in sight and say "Oh well, maybe tomorrow". I'm ready to finally do this and I think 2014 this the year I will reach my goal. You can certainly add me if you would like, we can do this together! :)
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You will do just fine. You are in the right place for support. Once you finally set your mind to it your body will follow. I am "starting again" myself. Please feel free to add me. Anyone else for that matter. We are in it for the long haul.!! Happy New Year and New you to come!!
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    I've gained weight again and crossed that most terrible threshold...300 pounds. At 304 pounds, it is now hard to find clothes that fit me. If that isn't a sign, then I don't know what is! I'm trying to keep my spirits up and not dwell on the fact that I've said this many times before and failed. I have to lose weight. There is no alternative. Any and all support greatly appreciated! More friends on this long journey would be wonderful.

Good for you. :heart:
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i too am restarting on monday. i was going to start jan 1 but then i realized i might use the middle of the week excuse and push it back to another monday so ive decided to just start tomorrow, it is only a few days before new years anyways .