what foods (not so healthy) you just cannot live with out??

Options
Theo organic Dark Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate covered goji berries, can't stop eating them. Am able to eat a whole bar of chocolate in one day, and prosecco (cheap champagne) in another weakness of mine...

Replies

• Aisha192012
    Options
    anything chocolate! I feel like I can't get threw the day without something that is chocolate hehe. you look great by the way!
  • steve_mfp
    steve_mfp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Grapes, grain, rice or honey that has been fermented.
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    CHEESE!
    I am completely addicted to cheese. Can't beat a good, mature English cheddar.

I know it's bad for me, but I cannot and will not give it up!
  • Cynnalyn
    Cynnalyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Just a tiny piece will do it, and just knowing it's there for me is sometimes enough. Otherwise I start wanting EVERYTHING and will nosh on something ridiculous.

Husband got me an advent calender this year with good, dark chocolate in it. I think I might head over to see if they have any left and marked down, and grab one for each month. It's a tiny piece, and perfect for each day.

That and my morning cup of tea. I go bonkers without that too. :)
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    chocolate!! I try and stick to a small amount of dark chocolate now. oh or dark chocolate covered almonds :)
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Beer. I will give up everything else. I love my beer (sissy beers need not apply) :)
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Grapes, grain, rice or honey that has been fermented.

This. My particular weakness in this group is fermented malted barley with hops added, followed closely by grapes.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!
    I am completely addicted to cheese. Can't beat a good, mature English cheddar.

I know it's bad for me, but I cannot and will not give it up!

Cheese isn't bad for you. It's got fat, protein, calcium, and various micronutrients. I easily fit cheese into my food every day.

The only "problem" with cheese is that it is somewhat high in calories (especially the good stuff) which makes it easy to overeat if you don't watch your portion sizes.

ETA: To clarify a little, cheese is not bad for you unless you are lactose intolerant or have other medical issues that make it something you need to avoid.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't give up chocolates! >.< hahaha
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Salsa.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I can do without anything, whether I love it or not, as long as I can stay off blood pressure medicine and diabetes medicine by giving it all up.
    I don't eat salt, sugar, grain, or dairy, and since I feel about 15 years younger having omitted them, I can just keep going without.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
    Not black coffee, but super flavorful sweetened coffee with milk and several syrup/sauces<33 I make my own now, so I'm more aware of what exactly I put into it, but that definitely doesn't make it any healthier! It's just so delicious and comforting <3
    I'm a huge fan of ice cream, too. :x
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Pizzas :frown:
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bread.... I have recently found out i have a gluten allergy and it so hard to not eat a pb&j sandwich!
  • Transformer711
    Options
    Cheesecake....
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options

This! ^ Total weakness. :embarassed:
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Starbucks! I absolutely HATE drinking my calories and avoid it like the plague but I can not be without my Starbucks. At least they have implemented some low cal options that are every bit as satisfying and under 150 calories.

Also, Pizza, beer and wine!

Everything in moderation!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by "not so healthy." But I'm with you on the dark chocolate. (Though dark chocolate is very healthy when eaten in reasonable amounts)

Additionally, I can't live without peanuts, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, green bell peppers, and sammiches. :bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I didn't specifically mention pizza, but yeah, I have pizza at least once a week, sometimes more. And honestly much of what I did list is what I put on my pizza, plus mushrooms and sometimes onions. (Can't believe I forgot to add mushrooms!)

And I hope you are not under the impression that pizza is "Not so healthy." The thread title confuses me because honestly *all* food can be part of a healthy diet.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bread. Bagels in particular. Bagel and cream cheese to be more exact. I could live off bagels and cream cheese.