T25 Calories Burned?

Options
Has anyone done T25 Gamma and have info on calories burned? I completed Alpha and Beta, with plans to start Gamma tomorrow. I don't use a HRM to track how many calories I've burned. I found info on calories burned with Alpha and Beta online so created My Exercises with that info to add to my diary. I've searched everywhere and can't find the amount of calories burned with the Gamma exercises on any sites. I'm hoping someone here has maybe done the exercises and can share the info with me? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I just finished Beta, and haven't purchased Gamma, so can't help there.
    Does it matter though? I, personally, don't burn close to 'average' due to my small stature, so I go off my HRM and work out the day from there.

Hopefully you can find what you're looking for to put your plan in place!
    Have you looked on the Beachbody site?
    Nancy
  • nikkibernie
    nikkibernie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've looked on the Beachbody site and just about everywhere else online with no luck. I just want to accurately log the workouts as My Exercises so I can track how many calories are going in and out. But the only way I can "accurately" do this is by using a monitor, huh? :) Thanks for your input. Good luck with Beta! It was my favorite phase! Although tonight's Rip't Up in Gamma was pretty good too.
  • Mala509
    Options
    Where do you find out how many calories burned during Alpha?
  • nikkibernie
    nikkibernie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found this info in a blog for Alpha and Beta:

Alpha Cycle:
    Cardio- 265 calories
    Speed 1.0- 260 calories
    Total Body Circuit- 280 calories
    Ab Intervals- 215 calories
    Lower Focus- 200 calories

Beta Cycle:
    Core Cardio- 270 calories
    Speed 2.0- 255 calories
    Rip't Circuit- 230 calories
    Dynamic Core- 235 calories
    Upper Focus- 235 calories
  • gos3227
    Options
    Great, My T25 came today and I just did Cardio, 1st time. Thanks for the cal burn numbers.
  • katebigue
    katebigue Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Has anyone figured out the calories burned during the pyramid which is the the Gamma speed video?
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found this info in a blog for Alpha and Beta:

Alpha Cycle:
    Cardio- 265 calories
    Speed 1.0- 260 calories
    Total Body Circuit- 280 calories
    Ab Intervals- 215 calories
    Lower Focus- 200 calories

Beta Cycle:
    Core Cardio- 270 calories
    Speed 2.0- 255 calories
    Rip't Circuit- 230 calories
    Dynamic Core- 235 calories
    Upper Focus- 235 calories

Bump
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have done all 3, doing Gamma now and just don't have that high of a burn with Speed. I am always over 200 though, highest being 230, lowest 205 So much depends on your age, weight, and fitness level, I don't see how they can give you numbers. My HRM has shown drops as I got better with a certain DVD, not a lot, but I know I'm not working quite as hard. Your heart rate also drops fast as you get more fit.

I've seen people post for Alpha/Beta anywhere from 180-360, with the latter being more men. For 25 minutes though I think that's good!

If you are seeing some results, weight loss, I wouldn't lock into the numbers too much.
  • ebatzel
    ebatzel Posts: 1
    Options
    Is this based on a certain weight?
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    your best bet is to get a heart rate monitor and it will be much more accurate. i second that most of each 25 minute session is 200-250. and for 25 minutes that's pretty damn good.

Edit

also with Gamma its strength based and the burns might be lower but you will be building muscle so that will make your resting burn rate higher.
  • drl1972
    drl1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This only works for Alpha and Beta but was very helpful for me

http://www.t25calories.com/
  • dxp232
    dxp232 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on how intense you are into it and how correct your movements are. I will say Speed 3.0 kicked my butt and i burned well over 300 cals doing it but some of the other ones much less. Keep in mind too Gamma is mainly about strength building so there are less cardio elements (aside from Speed 3.0) and therefore less of what I would call pure calorie burn. At least that was my experience when I did it.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No two people are going to burn the same amount of calories per dvd. Invest in HRM and get your true ( as true as a HRM can be ) caloric burn

Or just use 200 for every video.

I wore a HRM the entire time I did t25 for about 6 months and the calorie burn would change constantly
  • MrRex_91
    MrRex_91 Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This doesn't help with the Gamma workout unfortunately, but this is a T25 calculator that finds calories burned for the Alpha and Beta weeks: http://www.t25calories.com/

Edit: Oops, didn't notice someone else already posted this! Sorry.
  • whosurdaddy107
    whosurdaddy107 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done T25 Gamma and have info on calories burned? I completed Alpha and Beta, with plans to start Gamma tomorrow. I don't use a HRM to track how many calories I've burned. I found info on calories burned with Alpha and Beta online so created My Exercises with that info to add to my diary. I've searched everywhere and can't find the amount of calories burned with the Gamma exercises on any sites. I'm hoping someone here has maybe done the exercises and can share the info with me? Thanks in advance!!

Just did T25. Felt like I burned 1200 calories. So I'm estimating 800 to 1500 calories burned for session.