Weak Bladder... argh!! Help

IMOOKS274
IMOOKS274 Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Well I like Im sure other mothers out there has a weak bladder ever since having my children.. I find it very frustrating when training and having to jump around. Its hard to explain this to my trainer who is a male and it sometimes I think he thinks Im using it as an excuse. Some days are good and I'll go to the loo before my training session but there are times I need to run off back to the loo.. Does anyone else have this problem and any suggestions to help... Im currently doing Pilates which is helping out a little but I dont think I do it often enough to help more..

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Gotta love it when you sneeze and ...oops! Do some kegel exercises. The muscles there need exercise too! This is probably TMI, but the Honey noticed when I did them.

Good Luck!
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    I ahve to agree and these exercises can be done anywhere anytime and no one but you knows...
  • Thanks will do... lol:laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I think your lower muscles needs exercising just like everywhere else.

I dont know what kegal exercises are but if you're talking about the pelvic floor, then yes, you can squeeze this sitting down. Squeeze and hold. Do this 10 times, twice per day.

Also, when you urinate, try and stop a few times mid flow. This exercises the sphincter muscle. Don't do it everytime you go, but really good if you do it on a full bladder.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    I havce this problem too i had an epidural and they put it in wrong and the left side of my pelive floor muscle didnt contract back as much as the othere one did so i had this problem when on the jogger or trampet. i was told by my doctor to ask my gym trainner to give me core body exercises (sit ups, reverse sit ups, planks ,side planks, yoga balls ect and after a month of doing these 3 times a week im all better. There is the odd occasion after 20 mins on the jogger i have to go pee but think thats due to the amount of water im drinking now.
This discussion has been closed.