Jeans shopping rant

Options
2»

Replies

• carazyg
    carazyg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    At least you are brave enough to talk to the sales people about your size! When I walk in I always give them the classic "just looking" it's my polite way of saying "Yes I may need some help but I'm not willing to share anything about my body with you" haha! Jeans shopping has always been miserable for me, I have very wide hips :/

I always use the "just looking" ploy! Hahaha!!
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hate it with a passion. The sizes are confusing as it it.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What I hate is that every store has different sizes, in one store I'm a 14/15, in the next store I'm a 16, then the next I'm an 18, my butt hasn't shrunk or grown while walking 100 feet. That's my peeve. Especially when store #1 is a regular sized clothing store and I'm a 14/15 while at a bigger person store I'm a 16 or 18, go figure. I think we need more standardized sizing in stores!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I just go to second hand stores to buy mine, no sales people bother me and the jeans or broken in and I can get brand names for like $4.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    i say bad words when jeans shopping...ur beautiful, and the sales person is a dummy
    smile :)
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Did they suggest you try a different size in a really rude tone?

Normally I just take the advice of the salesperson. Sometimes they are right and on occasion they are wrong. I have a hard time shopping for jeans as well thanks to thick thighs, big butt and short legs with a long torso. Small on top, big on bottom. Typical pear.

However, if some douche came up to me and was a total d*ck about my size and argued with me about jeans etc, then things would go really bad with a verbal smack down that would leave them crying for days.

I think I know my *kitten* better than random people.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THESE SALESMEN HAD THE GALL TO TRY TO HELP A CUSTOMER GET INTO THE PROPER FITTING JEANS!!!!

Everyone knows the proper tactic is to bring the 32s on a 28 hanger and if they buy you pull the size tag out while ringing them up. Gotta pad the ego of your customers.

NO! Well, partially. What they do is give you the 28's, which they know run small, and wait until you are crestfallen when you unexpectedly don't fit in them (because they run small). Then they just look at you, tsk, and unceremoniously hand you your beaten pride and those 32's.

Or, maybe the salespeople knew that they run small and were hoping to avoid that whole scenario. OR they may think that it's not, actually, the end of the world or insulting someone to suggest that they, in that particular style/brand of jeans, are in fact a 32 instead of a 28.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I'd kill to be a 32 :laugh:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    When you find what fits...look on eBay for that same style/brand/size as I get Levis for $9 all day long on there.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ugh... jeans shopping is the worst. My ex once asked me why I had to try on every pair that I bought. He couldn't figure out why, if I knew my size, I had to bother trying them on. So i showed him. I picked two of the same jeans, same wash, same cut, same brand etc.... one of them fit, the other one didn't. Explain that to me!!

I also have to try them on to make sure they pass the crack test. They may look all cute and such while standing in front of the mirror, but if I bend over/crouch down will you get a much less flattering view of me?? If they can't pass the crack test I won't buy them.

I have a hard time finding skinny jeans that fit me since I have a butt and wide hips... I find I have to go up by two or three sizes to get them over the hips and thighs, but then the waist is huge!!

I have jeans that range from a size 5 all the way to a 13 depending on the brand and the cut. I've given up letting it bother me since I know that sizes are so inconsistent.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So being deluded about your waist size and expecting everyone else to know about it and go along with it is polite, and being realistic about an objective measurement is rude?
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I hate buying jeans! :grumble:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    At least you are brave enough to talk to the sales people about your size! When I walk in I always give them the classic "just looking" it's my polite way of saying "Yes I may need some help but I'm not willing to share anything about my body with you" haha! Jeans shopping has always been miserable for me, I have very wide hips :/

Good plan, no way they will see what size you wear when you go to check out and they ring them up.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    My last experience was actually awesome. There I was looking at the largest size the store carries (13/14)The sales girl walks up and offers help finding a few pairs to try on. When she sees that I have the 13/14's she says she wears a 9/10 and I look like I wear the same size and those 13/14's would be way too big!!! I didn't fit the 9/10's BUT I did fit 11/12!!!! She had no idea just how awesome she made me feel.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That is rude. I would of said just bring me 28. I am the same. I usually find jeans that are too loose in the waist.