What's your Vitamin Regimen?

Options
What's your vitamin regimen?

Replies

• notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    Fish Oil, Womens Multi, Magnesium, B12, Biotin, Vit C and a Probiotic.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    women's multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin e
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    What's your vitamin regimen?

The only thing I take is cod liver oil, especially in the winter months, which helps to prevent colds and the flu. Otherwise I do not take any vitamins.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    green vegetables, berries, plus full fat dairy and egg yolks (for fat soluble vitamins) plus all the other food I eat
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I never stopped taking my prenatals after I had our baby because I feel like they have a good mix of vitamins in them. On top of those, I take biotin.

What would be some other supplements to help prevent colds/stomach bugs I could take?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty extensive one because I had a brush with cancer and in addition to traditional medical treatment, I am taking a holistic follow up to surgery. I take high doses of C, E, B12, Folic Acid, Green Tea, Echinacea, Beta Carotene, and a multi. At least for another month, then will move to a different plan.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin, vitamin e, fish oil, vitamin c.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Iron, due to a deficiency , and b12 for the same reason. I have just started taking vitamin C with the iron as that might help. I take a multi when I remember and am also working on getting what I need from food. I would rather not have to take anything, but my last blood test wasn't good.
  • mollbllm
    mollbllm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    none but planning to start
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Women's multi, fish oils, d, b12 and glucosamine (for my terrible knees).
  • grannyangel
    Options
    D3, B12, B complex, A, E, magnesium, zinc, C w/rose hips, and twice a week iron. At one point doc did blood work and found out I had almost ZERO vitamin D in my body! Took prescription vitamin D for 3 months with very little results. Started doing over the counter of the aforementioned, and my level(s) are good! Therefore, I don't believe all the hype by the media that vitamin supplements don't work!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    D3, B12, B complex, A, E, magnesium, zinc, C w/rose hips, and twice a week iron. At one point doc did blood work and found out I had almost ZERO vitamin D in my body! Took prescription vitamin D for 3 months with very little results. Started doing over the counter of the aforementioned, and my level(s) are good! Therefore, I don't believe all the hype by the media that vitamin supplements don't work!

where do you live? you may be able to boost your vitamin D levels through sunlight exposure,although how much you can get depends on the lattitude where you live and your skin colour. Not heard anyone saying that vitamin supplements don't work though.... the main criticism of them is a lot of people take them who don't need to (and spend a lot of money on them too), because they get adequate levels of vitamins from their diet and sunlight. But if you're not getting adequate levels, then supplements are great.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Eating food.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Woman's muli was my only for the longest time, but I've added calcium (with magnesium and zinc), as well as vitamin C and vitamin D, although the latter are mostly just for the winter months (hopefully...we'll see). I was also taking VegeGreens supplement but have recently run out and it's so damn expensive :sad:
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Multivitamin, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Magnesium, all taken with 8oz of Boathouse Farms Green Goodness.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Two Flinstones vitamins :-) They have everything you need and nothing you don't. Unless you have a deficiency is something specific supplements are not really necessary and a waste of money.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Multi, cod liver oil, vitamin D and magnesium. Thinking about adding coq10.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have an auto-immune disease so I take these, or I wouldn't take any.......Calcium and Vitamin D (I have almost no Vitamin D and I live in the desert) Iron (anemic) Cranberry (chronic kidney infections) and essential oils to help fight my inflammation.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    Eating food.

^^This. IMO, vitamins and supplements are just another way to drain your wallet. You can find all the vitamins and minerals your body needs in the foods you eat.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm D deficient so I take a 4,000 D3 when I think of it (trying to do it every day right now because there is NO sun in MI :grumble: ). I also take a baby aspirin 2-3 times a week, also doctor's orders, to prevent another blood clot. That's it.