Knee popping during squats?

No pain, and it's only in the right knee.
I know I do not have bad squatting form (PT's at gym reassure me) so I wonder what it is? I would think it's happening because I've been squatting too much, but the absence of pain in either knee makes me think that's not so. It's been happening for the last few days, so I can't attribute it to a one-day fluke exactly.

In the meantime, are there any other bodyweight just as effective exercises I can do for my legs and butt in my living room that aren't lunges (which I hate) or squats? I don't want to all-together stop squats because they're so good for my butt (I've noticed the difference already) but I do want to protect my joints in the long run.

Thanks for any help.

Happy Monday :)

Replies

• WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    No pain, and it's only in the right knee.
    I know I do not have bad squatting form (PT's at gym reassure me) so I wonder what it is? I would think it's happening because I've been squatting too much, but the absence of pain in either knee makes me think that's not so. It's been happening for the last few days, so I can't attribute it to a one-day fluke exactly.

In the meantime, are there any other bodyweight just as effective exercises I can do for my legs and butt in my living room that aren't lunges (which I hate) or squats? I don't want to all-together stop squats because they're so good for my butt (I've noticed the difference already) but I do want to protect my joints in the long run.

Thanks for any help.

Happy Monday :)

My knees pop, too, and have since I was 10 or 11 years old. Possibly, crepitus?

http://www.arthritis-health.com/joint/knee/crepitus-knee

If it's not painful, according to this, it's probably ok.