My Homemade Chicken Lo Mein

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I don't really measure things when i'm cooking, but most of the ingredients in this are 'to taste' anyway. I made this last night and it turned out really good.

This serves about 6 and is 362 calories per serving.

Olive Oil Spray
Olive Oil
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
2 Green Onion Stalks, chopped
Broccoli
Shredded Carrots
Sliced Mushrooms
2 Eggs, Scrambled
Soy Sauce
Garlic
Salt
1 Package Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti (or regular spaghetti if you wish)

Cook Spaghetti as you normally would and set aside.

In a non-stick pan (I used a big wok so that at the end I could combine all the ingredients. I recommend this) add some olive oil spray and heat for a moment on Medium High - Add the chicken and let cook on one side for 3 minutes, the other side for three minutes, then cover the chicken, turn heat to low, and let cook for 10 minutes on low. After the 10 minutes, uncover, turn chicken over, turn the heat up to medium high again and cook for 3 more minutes. After three minutes are up, the chicken will be done. Slice the chicken, or cube them, whichever you like better.

In a sautee pan add a little olive oil (just a touch) and add the garlic, onions and sautee for a moment until the onions are clear. Add the rest of the vegetables. Add a little soy sauce to the veggies, a touch of water, turn to medium and cover, let simmer.

In a different pan (I know, don't kill me) scramble your eggs well done.

Go back to the wok, add a little olive oil, put the chicken back in, add some soy sauce, a little bit of water, and sautee the chicken so it's mixed in with the sauce pretty good. Add the spaghetti noodles and mix well. Do not mush the noodles, just stir them in with the chicken. Add the eggs and mix. At this point you want to taste your noodles to see if you have enough soy sauce in there for flavor. I did not so I added more soy, more garlic, and mixed and tasted until I got the taste I wanted. Once you do, add your veggies, mix.

Finally, make spouse/Significant other do the dishes. :tongue:

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's not that bad. It is SUPER yummy and way lower in calories than you would get at a Chinese takeout or whatever.

m216366261.jpg

Replies