What is going on?

Options
This is going to seem like rambling crazy talk, I'm sure. Some background first. I have been doing this for a year now, and as you can see, I've lost close to 80 pounds. Currently I'm eating about 1500 cal a day. I exercise, but not strenuously. I usually walk 1 to 2 miles 3 to 4 times a week. I also started C25K in mid-November. I drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day.

Here's my issue. On Christmas morning I was down 75 pounds. Today, five days later, I'm down 79 pounds. At this point, I've convinced myself that the scale must be wrong. I have quite a bit more to lose, but I do have sense enough to know that I've not lost 4 pounds of fat in five days. I know there are far worse problems to have, but this is making me question everything.

Is it possible that I had this much water weight built up? I haven't really had any upward movement of the scales to indicate that I was retaining any in the first place.

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    If you took a few days off from workouts while celebrating the holiday you might have dropped water weight from it. To find out, return to your workouts and if you stall or gain, that was probably it.
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's it. Thanks!