Favorite condiments for sandwiches, chicken breasts, salads?

Options
alexluong
alexluong Posts: 24 Member
Never know what to add to my food to make it taste better. Need some new ideas. I pretty much just dump Sriracha and mustard on everything.

Imagine a sandwich of roast beef, ham, turkey, and provolone cheese. What sauce would you add to it?

You don't have the time and don't feel like marinading your chicken. It tastes like rubber. What's the quick solution? Also, what seasoning would you cook it with?

At the dining halls I have no idea which salad dressing I like best, so I pick a different one every time lol. Ranch, Italian, French, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, wtf.

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I use garlic on just about everything. As far as sauce goes, I have a bottle of Italian sun dried tomato dressing that is AMAZING! That's what I like to put on my sandwiches or a good spicy mustard.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    On the sandwich you describe I'd probably put a very small amount of olive oil mayo (light) and/or spicy brown mustard.

I like southwest chipotle ranch dressing best. It is the only dressing I keep on hand. Sometimes I use it on salads. Mostly I put it on my egg tacos.

Sriracha and Thai chili sauce mixed together with a little bit of olive oil mayo makes a delicious sauce for shrimp and/or salads.

When I eat a veggie burger on top of a bed of shredded lettuce, I like to mix the olive oil mayo with a little bit of ketchup and use it (sparingly) like dressing. The same mixture is awesome on sweet potato fries.

As for the chicken, I really only eat chicken in restaurants because I don't like cooking it and my husband is pescetarian. So it's always well marinated/spiced up. I do like honey mustard on chicken though. Cayenne, curry, lime pepper or lemon pepper complement chicken well too.

Just experiment, I say. Everyone has different tastes.