Looking for myfitnesspal friends!

Options
Hi Everyone! A friend of mine sent me the invite to this website last week. Boy, am I glad she did because I can't stop thinking about this site and I get so anxious to log in my food diary. I think this is the kick that will help me stay focused and keep on track with a healthier life style. Okay, here's the part I always hate having to talk about. I need to lose 100lbs. Ugh... I hate seeing that! When I look at the amount of weight I have to lose that can be so discouraging! I know... I know... I know that I shouldn't look at it that way. Start with 25lbs. Then when I lose 25lbs, tell myself 25lbs more to go and hopefully before I know it I will have lost 50lbs.
The reason I'm posting this is because I think it would really help if I had some moral support and friends who are in the same situation as I am. I have a few of my personal friends on here but would like to find more people that will send me shout outs to keep going and give me ideas. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one out here trying to do this on my own.

Thanks for listening .
~Jodi~:heart:

Replies

• lizardskin
    Options
    Heyy Jodi, Welcome to the site.

I don't usually use the site i'm more into using it on my iphoine to keep track of my foods. Although recently i have to admit i've not had the chance to do ti and sometimes the foods just aren't on there.. but you can manually input them yourself i guess.

I've come here because after 8 months, i've lost just over 35lbs and im begining to lose focus and determination. This definately is a good tool. My only advice is to not become too obsessed over calories and fat etc. just reduce what you're eating . Don't starve yourselkf. will just make you gain weight. It's a long road and don't expect things to just happen overnight.

tace care. :]

Adam
  • rebchandler
    Options
    Friend request sent :smile:
  • elizw5
    elizw5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get waht you are saying, I have to lose 100 lbs too. it is a little scary to see that number but we can do it together. I have sent you a friend request.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to this awesome site, it's very addictive :)
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    friend request sent... remember to celebrate the small victories too! even the 5 pound ones!!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi,
    Welcome. I love this site. I recently started a Halloween challenge and your more than welcome to join. I have 100 pounds to lose. so far, I have lost 12.
    I will send you a friend request. and we can give shout outs to each other.

Eileen