How to deal with hunger?

Options
2»

Replies

• Arbeidslyst
    Options
    I am taking it slow and only doing a daily calorie deficit of 250, ( which is actually probably more like 500 considering what I have been eating over the holidays ). Even then I still feel hungry alot. Usually between lunch and dinner. I've tried adding snacks like peanut butter and cheese, but I think it just makes me more hungry. Suggestions?

What are you eating, how much and when? If your diet isn't working then you have to change it around. For myself I keep full longer if my meal contain a mix of carbs, protein and fat. But you have to find what works for you.

In addition, if you're hungry, have a glass of water. If your still hungry after that have a snack.
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry in between meals, I usually try to eat something hot or warm because it feels more substantial and fills me up. I make a vegetable Miso soup almost every day and vary the recipe so that it doesn't always taste exactly the same. I can eat a cup and a half for just under 100 calories. (Really any vegetable soup will do, but the Miso adds flavor that satisfies) Sometimes a 1/4 cup of almonds or cashews will do the trick, with a small apple if needed. Hummus spread on a rice cake works too. Hummus is yummy, feels substantial and is good protein. If you eat eggs, you might keep a few boiled ones on hand and have one with cooked or raw veggies. The trick is to have it on hand and be prepared when hunger strikes.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I chew gum between meals. I do this to see whether I am actually hungry or if my mouth just needs something to chew on. Most of the time, I'm not even hungry, my mouth just wants something to chew on for awhile.