Anchorage residents - gym question

Options
So if you live in Anchorage, Alaska....which gym do you go to and why?

Currently I'm at Planet Fitness at the NW Mall. Will still keep membership since they are so close and it is easy to do my cardio there. Looking to supplement with a place that has classes, more free weights and trainers that know more than just reading about it.

Alaska Club is not for me since they literally ask for your first born and is wayyyy too crowded. Not to mention their prices on trainers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Replies

• bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nobody in Anchorage?????
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have the PF Membership too but I go to Dimond or Midtown . I had a membership at the Alaska club years ago ,wont do that again as a matter of principal lol. My son worked there as a Personal trainer also - he live out of the country now so he's not an option. I have gone to Golds I think and done a Zumba class a long time ago ... I like PF for the ease of cardio you are right on that one . I noticed there are other places taht have like yoga classes and such but I work too much away from home to join a different gym . I just have my PT at home . I love her !!

Amy
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Does your PT work with you at PF?
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The one on the base, but I'm looking for a kickboxing or yoga place... if you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Does your PT work with you at PF?

I ahve only worked out with her at my house so far .
  • ashleymaxwell13
    Options
    Have you looking into Body Renew? They have a few different membership options and they have classes at all their locations. Everything is available online and they have a new schedule each month for classes. I did their boot camp a few years ago and it rocked! They are now included in their membership which is REALLY nice!
  • mjmoonin
    mjmoonin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Maggie. You can find me more often on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/maggie.jane.moonin. I go to the Planet Fitness in the NW most of the time. I know this post was months ago but if you are still looking you can msg me.