Need help hitting my daily CALORIE goal

Options
Does anyone know any healthy foods high in calories? For example on a good day I fall short, hitting 2700 cals, but my goal is 3500. I have no issues hitting my goals for protein/carbs/fat/sodium/sugar. Keep in mind I'm a vegetarian, which means no animals/seafood.

I have already incorporated eggs, red kidney beans, milk, almonds, oatmeal, white rice in my diet.

Thanks.

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and a spoon. :smile:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Avocado is a huge one. A single avocado is 250 calories and has lots of healthy fats. You could also start using more oils when you cook, that will add 120 calories per tbsp.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Cheese, olives, avocado, nuts and nut butters, ice cream :wink: Maybe an extra glass of milk with protein powder.

I'm curious, though, how you've met your macros (fat/protein/carb) and not your calorie goal, since they should be balanced. Anyway, you can look at protein as a minimum, and possibly fat, too, rather than a max, so if you need more calories, go for things that will add protein and fat rather than just carbs.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    butter
    cheese
    olives
    hummus with veggies and/or pita bread
    protein shake made w/ 2 tbsp pb, a banana, and whole milk
    a cup of ice cream w/ chopped peanuts, strawberries, and sliced banana
    peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cup of milk
    quinoa risotto
    salad topped w/ eggs, nuts, olives, dried cranberries, olive oil and balsamic vinegar (easily 500 calories)
    baked potato or sweet potato w/ butter/cheese/sour cream/salsa or butter/nuts/honey/cinnamon
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Talenti Gelato
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil and butter. I add them to coffee.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    You can go with Blackbeans and Cheese..
    Blackbeen is around 100 calorie mark cheese is 80 calories.
    make some mix veggies as well ( peas, corn, oions, carriots)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Have that good old restaurant filler, bread dipped in an olive oil/balsamic vinegar mix. Tastes great and the olive oil will boost the old calories for you :happy:
  • Tffanie4712
    Options

I couldn't agree more!!! Try a couple of peanut butter smoothies. You are getting 2 for 1 deal here the protein plus the high calories. Almond milk , banana, peanut butter and chocolate protein or you can do blueberries or strawberries instead of banana. Its delicious and healthy!!!! Just try not to eat the whole jar.Oatmeal in there is delicious too!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know any healthy foods high in calories? For example on a good day I fall short, hitting 2700 cals, but my goal is 3500. I have no issues hitting my goals for protein/carbs/fat/sodium/sugar. Keep in mind I'm a vegetarian, which means no animals/seafood.

I have already incorporated eggs, red kidney beans, milk, almonds, oatmeal, white rice in my diet.

Thanks.

Your goal is 3500 calories a day?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    1) Ice Cream
    2) Wine
    3) Cookies
    4) Pasta with cream sauce
    5) Dried fruit and nuts (I know those only kind of sound "healthy", but I'm really addicted to them... especially dried pineaple, apricots, pistachios and cashews)

If you've hit your macros (protein and fat are minimums) and micros for the day, continuing to eat only healthy foods won't get you any extra credit. That's a really high calorie goal you have so it sounds like you've got a lot to play with. I'm assuming that you're male and on a bulk cycle. Can't see much in your profile.

BTW, personally, I wouldn't watch sugar. You already watch them if you're watching your carbs. I'd choose something like fiber or iron.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Cheese, olives, avocado, nuts and nut butters, ice cream :wink: Maybe an extra glass of milk with protein powder.

I'm curious, though, how you've met your macros (fat/protein/carb) and not your calorie goal, since they should be balanced. Anyway, you can look at protein as a minimum, and possibly fat, too, rather than a max, so if you need more calories, go for things that will add protein and fat rather than just carbs.

I'm guessing the OP does view them as minimums and he/she has hit his/her calorie target without hitting his/her calorie goal. Usually with calorie targets that high you're not going to have every macro calculated so that when you add them all up they equal the calorie target.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options

qft
  • mareemak
    Options
    Chick peas
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    nvm just saw op was a veggie...I have 0 advice
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Talenti Gelato

:love:
  • vnar
    vnar Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice (except for the troll who offered 0 advice). I forgot about chick peas and peanut butter, I'll add them to my diet. Being vegetarian does have its challenges but I learned its definitely possible to pack on weight without any meats. Thanks again to those who helped, will heed advice and take note of the food suggestions!

Will add the following foods: olive oil, pb, chick peas, more butter, avocado, quinoa, black beans, gelato, extra glass of milk per day, maybe potatoes as well.
  • KellyMommy6
    Options
    I started on a 3500 a day goal and had a hard time reaching it (iv actually dropped it down to 3000 now) chesse slices and hard boiled eggs tend to be an easy boost especily the chesse as well as breakfest shakes (2 carnation essentials packets mixed with whole or 2% can get you over 600) add in 2 banannas 2 slices of chesse and some penutbutter toast and youv got over a 1000cal breakfest.

fruit and nut mixs and hummus are pretty fast add ins to or you can allways "cheat" and grab a candy bar not that id know or anything but you can grab a quick 600 off of 30 hershey kisses lol (dont judge its the holidays) . also dont forget toppings oil, butter, ranch, stirfry sauces, alfrado, mayo those sort of things can add up quick.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Here's a 750(ish) calorie salad, that's lacto-ovo vegetarian friendly, which I have about once a week:

Spring mix
    Sliced Cucumber (1/2 cup)
    Red Onion, half
    Shredded carrots (1/2 cup)
    Croutons, 0.5 oz
    Almonds, 1 oz (approx. 23 nuts)
    Apple, 1/2, chopped
    Broccoli, 1/2 cup
    Hard boiled egg
    Cherry Tomato, 100g
    Shaved Parmesan Cheese, 1/4 cup
    Sugar Snap Peas, 1/2 cup
    Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

I'm guessing the OP does view them as minimums and he/she has hit his/her calorie target without hitting his/her calorie goal. Usually with calorie targets that high you're not going to have every macro calculated so that when you add them all up they equal the calorie target.

I'm confused by this issue too - the macros do add up to the calorie goal. I'd go to an iifym calculator to work out you macros before you just start eating whatever....I think it'll be more helpful for you to achieve your goals.