Calorie and carb counters?

Hi everyone! I've been using MFP for quiet a while now (I've tried this healthy eating thing a few times and always fall off the wagon). I am 25 years old and about 6 weeks postpartum, before I got pregnant with my daughter I was doing my own version of Ideal Protein where I found some low carb, low sugar, dairy free protein shakes and then ate low carb veggies and about 8oz of protein a day. I lost just under 30 pounds in 6 weeks, well I gained most of that back during my pregnancy (I all of a sudden had an excuse to eat like crap), so I'm back at it and am looking for some people who might be doing something similar and can offer some encouragement. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now and have lost just over 13 pounds. I'm hoping if I can find people who are in the same position (even if you're not doing the same program I am) and can relate to what I'm feeling that I'll be more successful this time.

Replies

• kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    I'm not exactly like you - but if you average my household together I am. I count calories and protein (max calories - minimum proteins) and hubster counts carbs (for diabetic management). I'm always hunting foods and meals that can fit us both to make life simpler. I'd be happy to tag along with you even though I'm not on the exact plan. I can always give input and would love any ideas you have that fit both concepts.