Reintroduction!

Options
At the beginning of this year (2013) I started off on myfitnesspal. I stuck with it for 8 months, and had lost about 60 pounds. However, in August, I moved out of my home and hometown, started working in a high stress/long hours job, and lost track of myself. SOMEHOW, I have maintained, but I want to continue losing.

I don't want to maintain or start gaining again, and I don't want to know I got so close and had come so far without ever reaching my goal, so I am looking for some heavy motivation here. I come home exhausted, find it hard to prepare meals, and have been dealing with some anxiety issues since my move/job change. Now that I am settling in, though, I need to get back on track.

If you are in a similar situation, or are just willing to push me, I would much appreciate it. Send me a friend request or a message. Much obliged!

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Chelsea, just the fact that you maintained is a success, especially when teaching can be so tiring and time consuming! Looking at your ticker again, you've come half-way already so after your maintenance break it is a good time (New Year and all) to kick it into high gear again.

Crock pot meals got me through some days. I know others have mentioned to freeze single sized meals, do all your veggie prep at one time, ready for quick use, or other helpful tips. I don't know if you have a fellow teacher or friend who is also health conscious and who would like to take turns preparing meals for sharing. Or pre-cook your proteins once a week then add a variety of other ingredients to make different meals.

No matter how you handle it, welcome back!!!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oka, Chelsea, first of all I'm a Deepher too!!!!! I'm so proud of you for what you've done so far, and I'm jealous that through all that stress, you managed to maintain. I am the opposite- I don't stress eat but the lack of exercise causes me to gain big time. I have a very stressful job but gave realized I need to get back on track for ME!!! I plan out meals in advance, and when I was single, I used my crock pot and also found some lie sodium microwave meals that I paired with done veggies. I'm here to support a sister if you need me!!!! YITS, Ally
  • wwlady3
    Options
    Hi, I am hoping to find support on this site. I am not young, 72, but still fighting the battle. Now it is a matter of health as well as wanting to look good. I have dieted one way or another since I was 9. starved as a teen, took pills after my kids to help, eventually I did Weight Watchers for many years, and it worked, but then I hit Menopause..the only thing that has worked in recent years is Medifast which I loved (not so much the food, but the results - lost 50 pounds in 2009) but slowly but surely have gained 30 back. I started on December 26th - didn't want to wait till New Year- I was eating everything I wanted since June..wow it goes on so fast doesn't it. Is anyone out there a little older like me?? I need support and someone to talk to about this..my family and friends are sick of hearing about it, especially when I complain as I eat..HELP