NEED URGENT MOTIVATION

Options
Hey guys, so basically since last week I was left with only 5 pounds to lose, but since then for some reason in my brain it clicked that I SHOULD eat those foods I moderated during my weight loss journey all at once even though I shouldnt have. I gained back a pound and a half and am slowly starting to lose motivation. I dont want to give up because this journey means alot to me, but Ive just lost the strong momentum I had going. Also, any advice for starters on maintaining weight? I have no idea how that works or where to even begin....AHHHHHH.:noway:

Replies

• kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how that feels lol. Everytime I used to get where I wanted with my weight, I would end up ruining it! Maintaining is not easy, and is where most people gain back their weight because they think they can go back to the way they were eating before which is not true. I usually tell people to make sure they are about 5 pounds below their goal weight before entering maintenance because you will most likely gain a little when increasing your calories. To enter maintenance, I would recommend increasing your calories by about 100 a week until you get to your desired maintenance calorie intake. Don't increase your calories all of a sudden, take it slow. I'll send you a friend request and if you have any other questions about maintaining weight or need motivation, don't hesitate to ask :)
  • Allisonj20144
    Options
    So it would be reccomended to lose another five pounds? because right now cw: 126.8 gw: 120 height:5'4 so I dont know how to go about this! waaaah!
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lol..it's just recommended because you may gain some weight when you first increase your calories, but if you find 5 more pounds is too much to lose, you could just try to get at least 3 pounds below your goal weight, and just increase your calories slowly to make sure you don't gain weight until it all balances out