Help? Im kinda lost..

Options
Hey guys, so basically since last week I was left with only 5 pounds to lose, but since then for some reason in my brain it clicked that I SHOULD eat those foods I moderated during my weight loss journey all at once even though I shouldnt have. I gained back a pound and a half and am slowly starting to lose motivation. I dont want to give up because this journey means alot to me, but Ive just lost the strong momentum I had going. Also, any advice for starters on maintaining weight? I have no idea how that works or where to even begin....AHHHHHH.noway

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The 1.5 lbs is most likely water.

Just eat the foods you like/love in moderation. Fit them into your calorie goal.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Number one...don't freak out over fluctuations. Your weight will fluctuate constantly. Water, waste, whatever you ate...Just because you're up 1.5 lbs doesn't mean you gained 1.5lbs of fat. Give it a couple of days & see if you go back down to normal. If you DID happen to gain real fat back, then just pick up where you left off and start again.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I weighed myself every day at the same time for 3 months just for informational and comparison purposes. My weight fluctuated quite a bit sometimes upwards of 10 lbs during certain times of the month. 1.5 lbs is normal. Don't freak out. Just keep it up and you will reach your goal. The only one standing in your way is you. Good luck to you!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Any advice for starters on maintaining weight? I have no idea how that works or where to even begin.
    Set your MFP goal to maintenance, and continue to eat back your exercise calories at the same rate you did when you were losing.

If after two weeks you're still losing, start eating back 100% percent of your exercise calories (if you weren't before), or manually increase your calorie goal. But if you start gaining after the first two weeks of maintenance, start eating back a smaller percentage of your exercise calories.

It will take some trial & error like this to find the number of calories at which your weight stabilizes. You'll fluctuate slightly, and additional fine tuning may be required from time to time.