Newlywed=New lbs!

Options
I lost almost 15lbs for my wedding in Sept (orginally my goal was 45) but 10days of all inclusive meals and drinks on my honeymoon added 9lbs back and since then it's only climbed. Now I've gained my 15lbs back plus a few more.... so now I have 50lbs to lose! Not the direction I intended. I injured my back about a month ago and I'm starting PT this week so hopefully I can start increasing my activity again but my eating has fallen way off the band wagon for no good reason. Looking for support and maybe a partner to help keep motivated? I've never really worked closely with anyone else so thinking that might be helpful. Anyone want to share diaries, recipes, frustrations, etc? I'm 31, obviously married, no kids, live in Portland, OR and I work in healthcare. PM me if you might be interested!

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I work in the same field (MOA) and will be married two years this April! I also gained having just started a new job last Feb and being a newlywed. I've been part of MFP for about 4 years now and I've lost about half of my size. (I've gained 15 since reaching my goal weight).

I'm doing 30 day shred combined with brazil Butt lift by beach body. :) I'm 22 and from Canada. I'd love to support each other on this journey!! I'm aiming to lose 20 lbs by this March 20th. Maybe we can be in this together?
  • merse81
    Options
    Same thing here. I got married at the end of Jan then went to Thailand for a month and indulged on breakfast buffets everyday, snack, lunches and dinners, cocktails and beer for a entire month. I came back 10kgs heavier and due to fertility drugs and a lack of willpower I have added and extra 10 or so to that.

Decided to stop wallowing in it all and get back on the fitness bandwagon and make a change.

im looking at doing the T25 aswell as a PT session with the hubby at home, as well as the gym

I tend to go nuts when I start these things, so lets hope I stick to it
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow @merse81 a full MONTH for a honeymoon? That would be amazing! And I would need to be rolled onto the plane home! Good luck on your journey!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    First comes Love, then comes marriage, then comes the Comfortable weight!

Time to create new habits and routines for sure. Its nice to come home from work and eat and cuddle on the coach, but it can be hard on the waist line.

We're here to help.

Congrats on your marriage!!!!!!