I'm not sure if I'm consuming enough calories?

Options
I have a daily goal of 1500 calories, but lately I haven't been that hungry. I'm 5'1", 145 lbs, and very active (Insanity and a collegiate athlete) with a goal weight of 125. I would say I'm eating healthy I just don't know what to do because I don't want to under eat and send my body into starvation mode.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with a handful of spinach and 2 pieces of bacon
Post workout: Protein Shake
Lunch: Sweet potato, baked chicken, and broccoli
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken and 1/2 a sweet potato
Snack: Pomegranate

I feel like I'm eating enough and I'm more than full by the time I finish my meals, am I eating enough? What can I do to make sure I am not hindering my weight loss?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eat the number of calories you're supposed to- not more, not less....and you will be successful and when you get to your goal, you'll never have to diet again in your life.

Undereating is a prescription for quick weight loss and quick weight regain, rinse, repeat.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Are you in season now or off? If you are presently in season, you may want to adhere to a small deficit, about 250-350 calories below maintenance, so it doesn't hinder performance in practice and competition over the long-term. If you are in offseason, then you can do a slightly larger deficit of 300-400 calories, initially, and drop it closer to the 250-300 range when you get below 15 lbs to lose. You may want to invest in a digital food scale and use it as consistently as possible. As an athlete, it's paramount you don't enlist too great of deficits at the risk of losing excessive muscle mass. .