Bloated & Sore when I gain weight??? WTH

Options
Okay so I've gained about 6 lbs since the holidays. I would find myself going back to my weight right after Thanksgiving, which is 135 lbs. However Christmas I decided to have a little bit more than usual about 3 slices of pie & 6 tamales lol. Ever since then I woke up sore around my stomach, thighs and my butt and that's where I gained, I can see the different. I am still bloated and puffy. My body didn't bounce back as I thought it would. I'm weighin 141 lbs. I'm trying to eat better but I find myself going back to eating junk at the end of the day. Any suggestions on how to bounce back and stop the bloating???

What do you guys do when you find yourself in this cycle of eating not so great and gaining a little holiday weight???

Replies

• mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's something you ate too much of. Gluten can cause all those symptoms and by the sounds of it you took in quite a bit! Just lay off Gluten for a couple days and see if that helps at all.
    Also, food is my biggest problem. I eat as well as I can but struggle all the time...so a few weeks ago I decided to slowly start eliminating one thing at a time in 7 day durations. It's easier than giving it all up at once. So I started with Gluten, went on to red meat, then stopped eating meat all together (except seafood..), and started adding more water. But this was all a process. Take it in baby steps and you'll get there! :)
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I didn't think of that, I will ease off the Gluten for a few days and see how I feel.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is sensitive to gluten. I'm far more sensitive to high-fat foods. High-sodium foods can also cause bloating.

Just go back to eating how you do when you normally feel well, drink water, and exercise.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    IMO bloating from water weight. Drink a lot of water, it will go away eventually.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    My personal opinion... Bloating from excess sodium. I didn't have this happen over Christmas because I endulged in mainly sugary delights but on my birthday when I had like 10000+ grams of sodium in 12 hours, I woke up the next two days, completely bloated and sore. My entire body ached. Even my face was swollen. It took about a week of normal eating and drinking 12 cups of water daily to return to my normal self.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    MY joints are achy and I also feel bloated. I know it is due to eating to much refined sugar in chocolates and cookies. I have also over done the salt which does not help. Drink lots of water and herbal tea and you should get back to normal soon.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    As far as going back to eating the "junk" an old trainer used to say it would take 72 hrs. for cravings to truly go away. If you can push past those 3 days, the cravings should subside and it should be easier.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I over indulged over Christmas week and by the weekend I was pigging out on ruffles and french onion dip, sourdough baguette with brie, funyons and all other sorts of food that I normally eat in just moderation. By Monday my bloating was ridiculous!

My plan to get back on track is lots of water, green tea... and put down those dang ruffles! Day two is good so far. Avocado toast for breakfast...
  • sgould625
    sgould625 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know it's not just me who gets bloated and sore when I gain weight from a bad weekend/week of eating. I gave myself the last week off from counting calories and my entire body felt bruised and I could tell some was fat gain and some was water weight. I've never heard anyone say they felt like they were bruised, so I thought it was weird that I felt that way. I'm sorry you get that way too, but I'm glad to know it happens to others and not just myself. Good luck getting back into the swing of things after the holidays!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I always go through the same thing. Aside from it being too much water weight and all, it's just your body's way of telling you that it doesn't like all that junk in such big amounts. Definitely hold off on the gluten/carbs for a bit and flush flush flush out the water. Sometimes a water pill helps to jump start the process.