I'm new! Looking for Active and supportive buddies!

Options
Hello!

I just want to make some friends who need support and can give support too! I need to lose about 80 lbs and would love encouragement from the community. It helps to see people succeed and work towards their goals. That in its self is encouragement for me.

Today wasn't easy at all. I was have wild cravings for anything sugary or carby. and felt like I was starving all day. I finally pushed through it yay! days over. It can only get easier from here right?

Good luck everyone!! :)

Replies

• Soritaia
    Soritaia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP
    I'm also new and struggling to change my diet. I'm a binge eater who has a weak spot for anything sweet. (even straight sugar X.X). I started logging again 2 days ago after eating a super sized bag of pretzels and most of a 2 liter bottle of pop.
    i would love to be your friend and hopefully we can support each other through hard times and accomplishments.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am on mfp everyday and post everyday. I support and try to motivate and encourage my mfp friends as much as I can and I expect the same.

I'm a 38 year old mom to 4 kids and i'm a fulltime university student. I have been on mfp for a couple years, have lost 35 lbs, gained about 20 of it back then lost 15 of that. I am looking at losing fat now not necessarily weight.

I'm here if you want extra support or motivation. I do pm my friends if they suddenly disappear for days on end with no real reason just to make sure they are okay. Sometimes life gets busy but sometimes people have a hard time asking for help. I always make sure my mfp friends are okay.

:) Jess
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too if you would like. I have learned that being here supporting others keeps me focused. I let myself get busy and stop coming around and I quickly lose focus. We all need a good support system!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Check out the adopt a noob threads below. Lots of good people able to help you.
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am a noob; would love any of you willing to add me...love to motivate as it motivates me...when we work as a team we are very successful!
  • ButterflyAngela97
    ButterflyAngela97 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 35 years old and I am on here every day several times a day. I am a full-time college student. I have lost 83 pounds and have another 130 pounds or so to lose. I comment and/or like friends statuses.
  • revkhyler
    Options
    We'll gladly back you up... Together we can all do this... I look forward to getting rid of my spare tire this year - or at least as much of it as possible! My triggers are crunchy/spicy; there are days I dream about potato chips... (Sigh)
  • SusieWhits
    SusieWhits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am motivated and ready to get into shape! I would like some active and supported buddies too. I want to stay motivated even after the month of January lol.
  • jakenlu2
    Options
    I just joined last week and would love to have more friends and get/give support. I've been a vegetarian for years and years, so you'd think my diet would be fairly healthy, but I have a crazy, crazy sweet tooth and am not super motivated when it comes to exercise....... but I'm working on it. ;) "Friend" me so we can cheer each other on.
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me too :)

I had a crazy sweet tooth, but i started to up my protein intake and eat healthier (a palmful of protein, fistful of carbs, thumb of healthy fats and unlimited veg for every meal with no snacks inbetween) and i would never get hungry between meals and didnt crave sugar! I was amazed as I didnt think I would ever not crave sugar :)
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    please add me. i need support too.
  • amiramakh
    Options
    I'll add youu :)
    Don't have Weight to lose but looking to re shape my body, and trust I have those cravings sometimes, it just takes disiplin and finding a distraction helps too :)
    Welcome on, I'm sure you can do this!