Why Do You Want to be Thinner/Healthier?

Options
Besides obvious benefits of health, what motivates you? What is waiting at the end of your journey?

For me, I'd like to be able to ride horses without the guilt of breaking their backs. I'd like to buy for style once in a while. And, a big middle finger for all the people who made negative or nasty comments on my weight.

Replies

• cally_
    cally_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is so I can look the way I want to look.. Purely for myself. But also a big middle finger to anyone that has doubted me or made me feel awful.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Look and FEEL good in nice clothes, and also naked lol. To look good on the beach.

I also love the feeling of being strong and having muscle.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    vanity

Honesty. Like it.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    vanity

+1
  • Rhayahana
    Rhayahana Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mostly to lessen the pressure on my joints (HMS, being overweight is literally a killer for me)

For the rest? Vanity.
    I am a cosplayer and want to wear them skintight spandex bodysuits without worrying about how that will look in pictures.
    So there.

Happy new year :3
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    vanity

That pretty much sums it up. :smile:
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Being happy with the way I look.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Being happy with the way I look.

Unless my butt goes away or my boobs, then I will go right back to gaining weight.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Too look better and yourger

Fell good about myself and feel beautiful in the clothes I want to wear (the second part beeing king of hard... even if I were at a perfect weight, it's not like any clothes will be flattering for my body part... but at least have more clothes I love fit good)

Be able to do more challenging things, sports and so on, without getting tired quickly

Be a good role model for my little sister

And off course... there is a little vanity in me wanting to show off to some people... that disconsidered me as a person just for being overweight
  • JAHodgkinson_uk
    JAHodgkinson_uk Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I want to run faster!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I want to have improved overall health...better glucose control...prevent long term complications of diabetes.

I feel better in my clothes when I'm thinner.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a newly "adopted" niece, and she is super girly! I was never the girly girl growing up, and I'm still not. But I would love nothing more than the go shopping with her, and to go get our nails done and be the super aunt when she gets older. I still have a little since since she is only almost 6, but I don't want to have to wear boring clothes, I want to wear the super cute things. I also have a newborn nephew and he is destined to be a sports player, and I want to be able to challenge him a little bit and go to his games and yet again be the super awesome aunt who can take them to the amusement parks and ride all kinds of rides, and pretty much be able to do whatever they wanted to do. That's my main motivation right now. It's hard to get on the floor and play dolls and house with my niece, I do it because I want to, but I need it to be easier. So here we go! Anyone is welcome to add me!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    lee_priest_bulkup%255B1%255D.jpg

wanna be a ripped monster brah, not a big bear brah.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Funny, "healthier" used to mean just stronger/faster. Now it means not being pre-diabetic and getting rid of 2 conditions that resolve (~80% of the time) at normal bodyfat.

I want to RUN - which my knees don't allow if I'm over 200 lbs. And to hike with a 55 lb pack without being slow and mumbling to myself that it's really the equivalent of 125 lbs, given how overweight I am. And to lift heavy in thorough workouts, not piecemeal lifts that my IIH/PTC limits me to.

Life is too short for me to be getting in my own way.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I feel like it is what I am supposed to do and gets approval from people around me.

Health is the main REAL reason.

I honestly feel like my own petty reasons have all been met...fitting into booths, seats, roller coasters, etc. That was really the only big thing that bugged me about being larger than I currently am.
  • zenabu
    zenabu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vanity....definitely
    Health also
    but I want to wear clothes I like rather than clothes that hide my belly and are not sizes for "big girls". I want to be able to be proud of myself for working so hard to lose weight. I want a life where I choose to eat wisely - healthier, and exercise more because I LIKE it not because I feel I should!
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want to look hot in a bikini. I'm unfortunately not curvy (tiny boobs, flat *kitten*) but I DO have wide hips, so I would like to emphasize that, and get some abs and lean muscle. Just being real.

Also, though, my boyfriend's grandmother is a HUGE inspiration for me. She is healthy 100% of the time with her food but makes DELICIOUS things, and she rides her bike every day and is a yoga instructor, and she's over 70. I want to be her when I'm older.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    vanity

-Alot of that.
    -To have it as socially acceptable as possible for me to wear the least amount of clothing possible.
    -To be awesomer at all the physical activities i partake in.
  • toridehaven
    Options
    I have many reasons why I want to be thinner/healthy. But the number one reason is so I can I show my children the benefits of being healthier. I want them to have a better relationship with food then I ever did. They are my inspiration for everything!