Body media / body bugg arm band?,..

Options
I just bought a body media arm band and it says I'm burning 5000 cals a day... So I would eat 5000 just to maintain? Seems high.. Any one use one of these are they accurate? Thanks.

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My body media seems to be pretty accurate. Burn for running seems kind of on the high end while biking doesn't really log at all (unless you do what some recommend and move it to your leg). What did you do to earn 5000 calories!?!
  • strozzy
    strozzy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Haha I did put do anything I literally just sat on the coach all Christmas Day and it said I burned 4000 cals that day... I must have it set up wrong..
  • strozzy
    Options
    Typo I did nothing but sit on my butt the whole day
  • inside_lap
    Options
    LMAO. Unless you were waving your arms like a maniac I'm guessing it's wrong ;).
  • strozzy
    Options
    Hahhaa I guess I shouldn't leave it my paint can shaker machine ... but seriously when I did sign up for it I put my active level at high ... Maybe that could account for it?
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Typo I did nothing but sit on my butt the whole day

Don't lie! You were using the Shake Weight!
  • inside_lap
    Options
    I would think that might affect it some. Someone with high muscle mass would burn more at resting then someone with low muscle mass. But it still sounds way off to me. You might want to double check your information in the system. If it continues to give you odd numbers, maybe contact customer support. I don't think 5000 is accurate at sitting unless your a giant and failed to mention that... lol.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Changing your activity level won't effect the calorie burn- just your goal of what to eat. That sounds too high to me. As said above, check you've put your age and weight in correctly and if not contact customer services.
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I would definitely contact customer service. their service department is very good. they will answer any questions you have. they are not just a group that sits in front of a computer. they are fitness professionals. Seriously, give them a call.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Part of how much you are going to burn on a regular day is going to depend on your height, weight, and age. So did you calculate your BMR and/or TDEE? Thsi should give you a rough ballpark.

I love my body media and it seems to be accurate.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have one and have used it off and on for several years. I think mine is pretty accurate - always lower than my HR band. Sounds like a set-up issue to me. Hope you get it fixed!