Exercise, carbs & insomnia

Options
I have chronic insomnia and parasomnia but over the decades I've found some tricks to help cope with it. Unfortunately my tricks aren't working lately and I'm sleeping a lot less and feeling exhausted. I believe it may be exercise related. Going though my diary I've noticed that I've been a little low on carbs. It isn't intentional, I just don't really like a lot of carbs.

So, what are some good ways to get some carbs in after a workout? Is lactose good? What could I eat that isn't very high calorie or filling? I have a kind of sensitive stomach and I get nauseous if I eat something dense right after exercise. Also, I'll be upfront and say I'm too lazy to make big shakes (it's really the dishes that get me). I normally have a little protein powder with almond milk. Is there some kind of easy carb I can add to it without adding a lot of mess?

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Milk is a great source of healthy carbs, as well as protein that you need after a good workout to rebuild that muscle. Maybe some Greek or regular yogurt too?
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you on the insomnia as well as the lazy/dishes thing.

I also have problems eating after a workout because the elevated heart rate gives me nausea sometimes. But I have found that one of those snack size boxes of raisins works pretty well. I put it in my gym bag and eat them on the way home in the car.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)