Combining Jillian Michaels dvd with your gym workouts?

I bought the 30 day Shred and will probably buy the Ripped one after. I usually go to the gym 3 times a week want to try and workout 4 times. Sometimes I'm not able to make it for some reason or another.
My gym workouts are usually a HIIT cardio/strength training mix. I was thinking of possibly going 3 times a week to the gym an maybe 1 day of the workout dvd or if it's a workout day an for some reason I can't make it to the gym I'll do the dvd.
Combining 2 gym workouts / 2 JM workouts or 3 gym workouts / 1 JM workout a week,
Would this work? even though I'm not just sticking to the dvd all the time , just mixing it up making sure I get a workout in.
I'll be going to the gym more only doing the JM dvd when needed or haven't got the time etc.

Has anyone ever tried to combine their gym workout along with a dvd workout?

Replies

• daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    The 30 Day Shred is how I originally lost 80 lbs...I love it but I wouldn't recommend it as a sole fitness program but it definitely is a great addition to your gym routine, especially if you only have a little bit of time on an off day but want to get some form of a workout in. If I were you, I'd do 2 or 3 days at the gym, and maybe 1 day of the DVDs to start. The 30 Day Shred is good, but I personally prefer her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism & No More Trouble Zones series. Those are great workouts and really are a good alternative if you don't feel like driving to the gym one day. Good luck!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    I'm doing something similar now. I'm trying to start stronglifts 5x5 3 days a week with JM Body Revolution 2-3 days a week in between SL. Like you, my routine gets turned upside down on a regular basis since I work, my husband works different hours and I have 2 young children who like to fall asleep in the car on the way home (or to the gym). So yesterday was supposed to be my first day doing SL 5x5 but it didn't happen so I did JMBR instead. If you're asking "will this work?" from experience, I don't know yet but I can't see how moving more, changing things up and doing a combo of strength training, HIIT cardio and calorie counting wouldn't work.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    I am doing JM shred it with weights and HHA and the gym. Crazy. On gym day I use the tread, elliptical and some leg machines, On home days I do JM with the kettlebells (the shred it with weights one) and HHA. If I only do one DVD I only burn about 170 calories together I can get close to 300. For me this works because I have a heel spur I have to be mindful of so going to the gym every other day seems to keep it behaving and not allowing it to flair up. Also this keeps it interesting to me and I am not getting bored. I eventually want to add yoga into this mix when I can afford the one I want.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    i had a look at that Banish Fat, No more trouble zones they sound pretty good an they're much longer.
    Maybe add in one of those instead after a while or the ripped in 30.