Insanity Mixed With Other Workouts? HELP

Options
I was wondering if its a bad thing to do insanity and afterwards follow thru with other workout programs like hip hop abs, Turbo kick, etc
I was doing this to maximize my weight loss but I didn't want to injure myself in any way. the first time I did these combined, it felt like I got ran over by a train! But I've heard from many people to work thru the pain becus it gets easier as you build lactic acid in your muscles.
I just want to get a few more opinions or experiences.

Replies

• Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you still have the energy to do another workout after insanity I don't see why it would hurt. That's a pretty intense program but I'm sure if you do something less intense- especially less jumping- you'll be fine.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't unless you are very confident in your knowledge of your limits. More exercise isn't necessarily better exercise. When I did insanity, I preferred to put everything I had into the workout. I would end each day gasping in a literal puddle of my own sweat, far too tired to do another workout, but I got results. If you're holding back to be able to work out again, you won't necessarily get the full benefit of the insanity workout. As long as you aren't sacrificing your form, there's nothing wrong with working out again. I probably wouldn't, though. Just my two cents.