Getting all my calories!!

Poot1971
Poot1971 Posts: 34 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I am doing a low(er) carb diet also trying to keep the fat down. I can't always seem to reach my calorie goal with going over on carbs or fat or both. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    eat an a little more lean meat, or a sugar free protein shake. You can also reduce the amount of protein by 5% and add it to fat or carbs, unless you are medically prescribed to stick to this type of diet you can alter it to fit you lifestyle.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Although I try to meet my goals, I don't stress it if I'm a little over on one of the macronutrients, as long as I hit my calorie goal. Pre-planning your meals helps a lot so you know what you need in order to round out your nutrition for the day.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I'm having the same problem. Unless I eat something higher in fat/protien (like steak, hamberger etc). Which pushes up my fat a lot.
  • Like you I find I am having the same problem. However,my protein intake seems to consistantly be higher than suggested. I have considered. increasing my protien consumption considerably, because protien is suppose to reduce hunger and build muscle..I currently am working out at least 3 times and many time more a week.....any advice or thoughts on this.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I don't think MFP sets protein high enough. Personally, I have mine set to 1g protein per pound of LEAN body weight (113g). I took most of that from my carb allowance.
This discussion has been closed.