Shake weight for women

Options
I have the shake weight at home but I haven't used it very much but when I do use it , you can really tell it is working. Has anyone had results with the shake weight? I need some inspiration to make myself use it...... :happy:

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    I've never tried it, but only because I heard bad reviews. The review was that it makes it feel like it's working when you do it- but that it doesn't have any lasting results that you would actually see. Know what I mean? I'd love to hear some stories of someone who actually has had results though!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I tried it out and felt nothing at all
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is the add for it: :bigsmile:

Ladies, listen up. Now you can get strong, sexy, sculpted arms in just six minutes a day. Shake Weight® for Women is the lightweight device that allows you to easily shake your way to firm and fabulous arms. This revolutionary exercising tool uses dynamic inertia technology that increases muscle activity by more than 300% compared to conventional weights. So effective, you’ll feel better in just one work out! For only $19.95 plus S&H you’ll receive the Shake Weight designed specifically for women, and a free upper body workout DVD – a $15 value.

Build Muscle 5 Times Faster with Shake Weight for Women!

Shake Weight® looks like a regular dumbbell, but is actually a specially designed device that has weights at either end which spring back and forth as you move it. This vibrating motion produces a shockwave of energy that works your triceps, biceps, shoulders and chest. It is scientifically proven to burn muscle energy and calories five times faster than traditional weights. But, Shake Weight® is only five pounds, so you can take it anywhere. No more painful, 30 minute workouts. Shake Weight® increases your capacity and decreases your time. With just six minutes of daily use you’ll no longer have flabby, shabby, out of shape arms.

No More Bat Wings!

Summer is right around the corner. For millions of women this means the season of self consciousness. But with a daily shake, your upper body will be as hot as the weather. You’ll love showing off your sculpted arms with all those cute halters and sexy dress styles. Shake Weight® is the real deal that is being talked about on all the major networks; Ellen, Women’s Health, Good Morning America and The View. This innovative dumbbell is the solution to problem biceps, generating dramatic results. So go ahead and shake it, with the Shake Weight®.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    These were the first two articles I found when I searched to see what it was. One says it doesn't work as well as it claims, the other says don't buy it.

http://www.sleevelessin7.com/shake-weight-review-a/
    http://www.healthandfitnessadvice.com/the-healthy-skeptic/the-shake-weight-gets-a-do-not-buy-recommendation.html
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can't look at a shake weight without laughing. Did you see it on "Ellen" last year? Hilarious :laugh:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about it, but the SNL fake commericial is fantastic.
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Options
    Yeah it does look kind of funny......lol.... don't use it in front of a window...the neighbors may get the wrong idea...hahaha... I think I am going on a mission... I am going to use my shake weight everyday for the next couple of weeks and see if I can see any results.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You might not being using it correctly. Please send me a video of you using the shake weight, so I can let you know if you are doing it the right way.

Thanks
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I have read reviews that say the Ab Lounger is a gimmick too but it's working for me. When I first got it, I could only do 40 crunches. I would add to that each day and/or week and now I can do over 500. Actually, I don't know where my limit is... I've never taken the time to find out because I want to move on to the elliptical or TotalGym. Anyway, the AB Lounger works for me but it is only a part of my exercise routine.

The shake-weight is better than nothing. But now I want to go find that SNL sketch.....
  • juliagulia101
    Options
    creeeeeeeeepy..... lol 'Please send me a video of you using it"..????? Ummmm, NO! Don't do that Miss Danielle! lol I agree with the others, it doesn't seem to really do much. A friend of mine had it and I used it one time for about 15 minutes straight and I felt nothing except humiliated for even trying it! lol If you really wanna get rid of the "bat wings" try using free weights. Extend your arm with desired weight above head, and slowly flex it toward your lower back, then back up again. Repeat this until you 'feel the burn'...rest 30 seconds then try another set. It really helps!
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Options
    Definetly no video being sent.......lol... :blushing: I am using it as my DVD instructs me too so I think I am using it correctly. I just need to make myself use it.......The main reason I don't use it , is it makes alot of noise so if anyone is sleeping, I don't want to wake them up. I will just have to use it of the evenings.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    LOL!!
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I watched a video... And I couldn't help but laugh. AH!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I could never use that thing without laughing my head off. I didn't know people actually bought them!
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Options
    lol.... my mom bought me one for Christmas as a joke. :)

I did see a show on tv the other day where college football teams are using a mans version of the shake weight on the field for their workouts so that peeked my interests a little.....hmmmm...:indifferent:
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Those things crack me up. Great for entertainment value, but probably not much more. :smile:
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You might not being using it correctly. Please send me a video of you using the shake weight, so I can let you know if you are doing it the right way.

Thanks

Sorry didn't meen to scare anyone, I was just joking :laugh:

But if you want to send me the video go ahead :wink:

The SNL skit is hilarious, when I saw it the first time I thought the shake weight was a fake.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Ok... I saw the SNL clip. I have tears in my eyes.... Thanks for the link ZebraHead. Other than that I think I'll refrain from saying anything other than is that guy somehow related to the Sham Wow guy?