What's for lunch/dinner today 12/31/2013?

Options
EMTFreakGirl
EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
My family tradition has always been seafood on New Year's Eve. I am on call tonight and not with my family so here's the special New Year's Eve treat I made myself for lunch later. (FYI: My lunch will probably be around 9 or 10 tonight with my crazy "Paramedic-life schedule.")
4 ounces bay scallops
6 ounces salad shrimp
3 TBSP Fresh Salsa (fresh from the deli :bigsmile: )
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Small Haas Avocado

Sauted up the shrimp and scallops in lemon juice and olive oil then drained all liquid.
Stirred in the salsa and diced avocado.
Chilling in the fridge right now. Will either serve it up in a high-fiber low carb wrap, or as a salad topping...depends on just how busy my night ends up being. I did sneak a "warm taste" and it is going to be FAB!!!!! It is diet friendly, coming in under 400 calories, high protein approx 32 g, low carb~if you watch those things, and I do! Note: I try to limit my carbs to under 100/day. No judgments, please. It's what works for me. I eat carbs, I just try to eat them wisely. Too many and I feel like a slug!

Happy New Year's Eve to all!
Remember: Don't drink and drive and Drive Carefully! (or I, or one of my brothers/sisters working the boo box tonight, will get to see you naked!) :wink:

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    chips & onion dip ..................:drinker:
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My family tradition has always been seafood on New Year's Eve. I am on call tonight and not with my family so here's the special New Year's Eve treat I made myself for lunch later. (FYI: My lunch will probably be around 9 or 10 tonight with my crazy "Paramedic-life schedule.")
    4 ounces bay scallops
    6 ounces salad shrimp
    1 TBSP Lemon Juice
    1 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 Small Haas Avocado

Happy New Year to you as well and God Bless You for what you do. Being a paramedic is a hard but awesome profession! :smile:
    Sauted up the shrimp and scallops in lemon juice and olive oil then drained all liquid.
    Chilling in the fridge right now. Will either serve it up in a high-fiber low carb wrap, or as a salad topping...depends on just how busy my night ends up being. I did sneak a "warm taste" and it is going to be FAB!!!!! It is diet friendly, coming in under 400 calories, high protein approx 32 g, low carb~if you watch those things, and I do! Note: I try to limit my carbs to under 100/day. No judgments, please. It's what works for me. I eat carbs, I just try to eat them wisely. Too many and I feel like a slug!

Remember: Don't drink and drive and Drive Carefully! (or I, or one of my brothers/sisters working the boo box tonight, will get to see you naked!) :wink:
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    4 ounces bay scallops
    6 ounces salad shrimp
    1 TBSP Lemon Juice
    1 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 Small Haas Avocado

Happy New Year to you as well and God Bless You for what you do. Being a paramedic is a hard but awesome profession! :smile:

Happy New Year and God Bless You For What you do! :smile:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    4 ounces bay scallops
    6 ounces salad shrimp
    1 TBSP Lemon Juice
    1 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 Small Haas Avocado

Happy New Year and God Bless You For What you do! :smile:
    Thanks!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    YUM! Enjoy!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I ate my lunch at 9:00am today :/

It was a tuna and pickle sandwich, salad and saag.:blushing:

Party tonight, I think I'm going to pick up some dry ribs for the hubby and to take along (with all the booze of course)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Had herbed tilapia from the cafe and some onion rings. Dunno about dinner. Debating if I'm going to a friend's house or not, battling a cold or something.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a ham and cheese omelet with toast...lol
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    For lunch I had Beachbody Ultimate Reset-nori roll and a lentil lime salad. For dinner I'll be having stir-fried veggies, quinoa, and cucumber and tomato salad. But yours sounds much better.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Planned ahead for going out. Salad with pomegranate, walnuts and goat cheese (dressing on the side), grilled scallops with spicy citrus butter. Will asked them to sub the starchy veg for something green (we are regulars and they love my mum so I think it will be fine). And champagne - whatever calories I have left for champagne (I love bubbly - any kind, cava, spumante, champagne, lambrusco, vino verde - even the just slightly fizzante ones)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The hubby has to work overtime on third shift tonight so I'm just having a Morningstar Farms Pizza Burger and for dessert Mandarin Oranges in Sugar Free Cool-Whip Love you're post about you or someone else seeing people naked if they drink and drive. ER Nurse here letting you know to keep in mind also that most traumas are videotaped for educational purposes. Just an FYI. Be safe EMT!
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm spending the evening alone with a Healthy Choice meal
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Aha, I've never really done 'special' meals on NYE, but I did a lot of cooking so I wound up having:

Breakfast - Crumpets w/ Nutella
    Lunch - Chicken tagine w/ dates & apricots (homemade)
    Snack - Strawberry & choc-chip muffin (homemade)
    Dinner - Coconut & lime chicken rice (homemade)
    Dessert - Tiramisu
    Supper - Tea

Not bad for a uni student I don't think XD
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nothing special. Had a fruit and vegetable smoothie with Pringles for lunch. Have wheat spaghetti with ground turkey. Tomorrow I will be doing a crab imperial and whole string beans and potatoes for dinner.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    The hubby has to work overtime on third shift tonight so I'm just having a Morningstar Farms Pizza Burger and for dessert Mandarin Oranges in Sugar Free Cool-Whip Love you're post about you or someone else seeing people naked if they drink and drive. ER Nurse here letting you know to keep in mind also that most traumas are videotaped for educational purposes. Just an FYI. Be safe EMT!
    Great point, about the video taping. I always remind people not to make me part of their bad decisions...I am busy enough with sick people. Thanks for being an ER nurse. Happy New Year!