Best suited HRM for Focus T25?

Options
Hi there,

I'm considering buying a HRM to track my heartbeat and calorie burning as well. I'm doing Focus T25 mostly these days, and after that I think I will move towards resistance training.

Do you have any idea on which HRM I should buy? They seem to be mostly built for runners, with gps, pace, distance and all sorts of stuff I won't need cause I'm not a runner.

I'm very interested in the Polar FT80, it seems to be very complete, and it looks great too. However, I'm not sure if I need all its features...

FitBit and the Fuel Band don't seem to be adapted for exercising, more like pedometers and stuff...

I'm very confused rigth now...help me! :)

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT40 for home workouts. I've had it for a year and a half now and still use it all the time. Never had a problem with it either. It was about $60 online and doesn't have the GPS/other bells and whistles I don't need. I enter all my info, press "start" at the beginning of my workout, "stop" at the end, and it tells me the duration of my workout and calories burned. You can also set it to beep when you enter certain target heart rates, which I liked. Highly recommended!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 and I love it. I run and I do workouts like Insanity and T25.
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 is less than half the price and does all I need it to do.

Track my heart rate (max & average), tell me the duration of my workout, record the date & time and tell me how many calories I burned.

It does have a chest strap, and those bug some people, but I got over it after like a week.

EDIT: just checked, this one uses a chest strap too. The price increase is because it includes the Polar USB Transmitter, which I find unnecessary as all I do is take the calorie number from the watch and punch it into MFP.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is accurate for strength training. The HRM are designed for steady state cardio. Bodymedia fit may be good. This is worn all day.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    The Polar FT 4 will pretty much do all you need. Love mine and use it all the time !!
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7 and no problems with it! I did T25 and have done Insanity too :)