is this normal?

Options
I started this about 8 weeks ago when i had my daughter, I basically started working out, and quit drinking soda, started drinking water....etc. anyways i was slowly losing weight for the first month and half or so....but in the last 8 days i have lost 5.2 lbs. i am moving, and packing, and cleaning ALOT and also doing my normal workout daily...is this normal? i just couldnt believe it when i saw how much i have lost in 8 days. im not complaining! lol i just wanted others thoughts! thanks!

Replies

• marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The only other question I would ask is are you breast feeding? Even if you are not I would say that your body is just catching up with all the great changes you have made plus the increase in activity.. Also... Lots of fluid post partum gets released.... so three cheers and keep it up.
    Oh and if you are breast feeding that just adds to it.... To produce milk is alot of calorie expenditure...
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    The only other question I would ask is are you breast feeding? Even if you are not I would say that your body is just catching up with all the great changes you have made plus the increase in activity.. Also... Lots of fluid post partum gets released.... so three cheers and keep it up.
    Oh and if you are breast feeding that just adds to it.... To produce milk is alot of calorie expenditure...

yes! i am also breastfeeding, should of put that in there! :D
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Your body has released a water store. It now trusts you to do that. Means you are doing everything right - low sodium, lower carbs, low alcohol, no sweeteners etc - all stuff that make you retain water. Sometimes your body just needs time to adjust to trusting your'e not going to starve it to death.....:laugh:

Well done you! :flowerforyou: